Chapter 41

"Sir Hellsing, are you alright?" asked Walter, as he placed Integra's tea on the desk.

"I'm fine Walter. Better than I have in a long while. Why do you ask?" said Integra, still reading the paperwork on her desk.

"It's just that I've never seen you work so diligently without your glasses before."

"Hm, I guess that was one good thing that came out of all this." remarked Integra curiously. "I've been wearing them since I was six and now I no longer need my glasses anymore." Suddenly, they heard a loud crash. "Damn it, what are those two doing now?"

Walter and Integra left her office. They stood on the top stairs and looked down.

"Whee!" cried out George, happily.

"Oh, for heaven's sake, that's a laundry basket, not a sleigh." groaned Walter.

Integra and Walter just watched as George and Ink slid down the four flights of mansion stairs in the laundry basket. And just when you thought they were going to careen into a wall headfirst, they leaned to one side and turned the basket to face the next set of stairs.

"Oh wow, George sure knows how to have fun." beamed Seras, appearing out of thin air.

"Good evening, Miss Victoria." greeted Walter.

"Evening Walter." smiled Seras. "Hey George, I get next ok."

Suddenly, George and Ink appeared next to Seras. "Hop in, Seras." said George.

Integra rolled her eyes as Seras, George, and Ink flew down the stairs in the laundry basket.

"Ha, Ha, Ha, Why don't you join them?" laughed Alucard, suddenly appearing beside her.

"Are you out of your mind?!" scoffed Integra, as she looked up at Alucard.

"George, I think your mother wants a turn."

George suddenly appeared before Integra, holding onto the basket with one hand and Ink in the other. She looked up at Integra.

"Don't even think about it, George." said Integra, looking down at George.

"About what, sir?" asked George, innocently.

Just then, George pushed Integra, she fell into the basket, and away she and Ink whisked down the stairs. Ink howled in happiness, but Integra was much less jovial.

"George!!"

"Turn left, sir. Or you'll hit the wall." warned George.

"Ha, ha, ha, good girl George." laughed Alucard.

"Why don't you join her, master? She might get hurt and you're supposed to keep her from getting hurt, right." suggested George, with a sly grin.

Alucard smiled at George. "Yes I am."

Suddenly, Integra found herself sitting in Alucard's lap as they headed for the first turn down to the third floor. Ink barked happily as they raced down the stairs.

"What the hell are you doing?!" asked Integra, sorely pissed that Alucard wasn't stopping this, and the fact that she was sitting in his lap.

"Keeping you from getting hurt." said Alucard, with a wicked grin, as he kicked the wall and made them turn left.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the front door.

"I'd better get that." said Walter.

"How?" asked Seras, now standing beside Walter. "Sir Integra's gonna beat you to the door."

"I'll just take the elevator." smiled Walter.

Seras stood there stunned as Walter jumped over the rail and headed for the first floor.

"Wow!" smiled George, in awe of Walter's abilities.

George watched as Walter's wires shot out and gave him a slower landing. Now on the first floor, Walter answered the front door.

"Oh, good evening Sir Kant," greeted Walter. "How are you this evening?"

"I'm fine, Walter. Thank you." smiled Sir Kant. "Is Sir Integra in?"

At that moment, the laundry basket came to a stop on the first floor. Sir Kant smiled as he saw Alucard and Integra sitting in a laundry basket.

"Yes, sir. She is." grinned Walter.

Sir Kant walked over to Sir Integra and gave her his hand. She took it and he pulled her out of the laundry basket.

"Nice to see our time in the woods was well spent." he chuckled.

Integra rolled her eyes. "That is not my usual mode of travel."

"Usually she rides a broom." chuckled Alucard.

Integra gave Alucard an evil glare. For someone who had pursued her so persistently in the past, he seemed to be giving up easily. Or maybe it was that he valued his freedom more than he did her; for as long as he didn't harm Sir Kant, he and Seras could remain free.

"Don't worry, my master." said Alucard to Integra. "It's not me you have to worry about."

With that, Alucard disappeared and George showed up.

"You again? What do you want now?" asked George, angrily.

"I came to invite your mother out with me." Sir. Kant smiled at her.

"Where to?" demanded George.

Sir Kant knelt before George. "Well, her majesty's army has a new tank that is being field tested today. I was wondering if she would like to view the night fire exercises with me." explained Sir Kant.

"No way! You're bad luck! Every time you show up she gets kidnapped?

"Hey, that only happened once." snapped Kant. "Besides, I already told you I was sorry."

"Not good enough." growled George.

"What if I bring you a new toy as a peace offering." He smiled, trying his best to appease this child.

"What if I break your legs, stake you to the ground, and let the fire ants play with you."

"Ouch." laughed Sir Kant. "Has anybody ever told you you're exactly like your dad?"

"Get out of my home!" George yelled at him.

"George." warned Integra. "He is my fiancé, and like him or not, he's staying. So you might as well get used to it."

George looked up at Integra. Her eyes were lit and full of mischief. She always hid her true feelings from others, but George could feel her feelings. George knew how she felt. She actually liked this raving idiot.

"Please don't go." begged George, softly.

Integra knelt before George, smiled, and kissed her forehead.

"I will be back by midnight."

George watched as she reached for her coat and left with Sir Kant. Walter and Seras frowned in sympathy as they heard George say...

"I'm losing her."