Chapter 53

Integra worked and worked hard to take her mind off George. She completed a month's worth of paperwork in one week. However, it didn't fill the hole in her heart that something was missing; or rather someone. She caught herself more than once looking to the backyard expecting to see George there practicing. For someone whom she never wanted in the first place, it was an odd feeling to miss them so much.

Integra thought about George and it made her heart hurt. She reached into her desk drawer and took out a book that Walter had made for her. It was a book about George. As Integra flipped through the pages, she remembered each event. There were pictures of George as a baby, and Integra remembered when Alucard brought her home; he was half naked and she was wearing his shirt as a diaper. Pictures of her at bath time, Pictures of her first steps. Pictures of her first tooth; she smiled to herself as she remembered that George used to suck on Alucard's fingers. Walter had told her that babies like to suck on cold things while they were teething and since Alucard was the coldest thing in the house, George used him as a teething ring.

She flipped another page, and saw pictures of her and George doing sit ups, and her and George in swimsuits. It had been interesting to teach George to swim, because she was only three. Integra chuckled to herself as she remembered George and Ink dog paddling around in the indoor pool. She even found the straw man that George had made out of her hair. God, she had been so angry with George that day. She had wanted to shoot her. It took Walter and Alucard about an hour to calm her down. Alucard had even stood still and let her shoot him, just so she wouldn't hurt George.

But he got his revenge, when they tried Potty training George. It took him a month, but he finally got George to stop using her red woods as a bathroom. And true to her word, she let him drink from her wrist. She had never really thought that she would make a good parent, but raising George had proved otherwise. And now she was gone; taken by the courts, for not being a normal human. But nobody here at Hellsing was normal; not even Walter and Pip. Normal people couldn't live here and it was impossible to raise a normal person here. Even she, who had been normal once, was not normal now. Her mental and physical skills were far sharper than any normal human, and that was before she was turned into a wolf. Who knows what she could do now.

"You could turn into a wolf and go and see her." came Alucard's voice, as he stepped out of her wall.

"Is she alright?" asked Integra, eager for news, but trying not to show it.

"Physically yes." he laughed, as he stood before his master and reported in. "But she's already mentally snapped. They gave her a pink room."

Integra chuckled. She knew well George's abhorrence for the color. "Is anybody dead yet?"

"No. But Mr. Smith is closer than he thinks. I told her to be good."

"Good. I don't want any reason for the queen to keep her from us." said Integra, putting the book down and standing up.

"Have you heard from her majesty yet?" asked Alucard, as he watched his master's movements.

"No. She's not scheduled to return until the twenty-eighth." Integra started pacing the floor.

Alucard sat in her seat and flipped through the book that she had been reading. "Interesting, Walter's been busy. He even gave you a copy of our family portrait." mused Alucard, looking at the photo. "It's not like us to be so nostalgic."

"It's not like us to have children either."

"I'm still ahead, by the way, two to zero." smirked Alucard, flipping through the pages.

"Two?" questioned Integra, wondering what other children Alucard had.

"You're forgetting about Seras."

"Hm, well I'm working on it."

"No, you're not." chuckled Alucard, thinking of Integra siring children. "You and Jon still haven't...."

"One problem at a time." snapped Integra, still too greatly embarrassed by the subject to think about it.

"It won't be as bad as you think." he smiled, wickedly, as he put his feet up on her desk. "You might even like it."

"Alucard, not another word." ordered Integra, as she turned from him to hide her blush.

"Come then," he called to her as he suddenly appeared behind her. "walk with me and we'll go and see George."

"We can't."

"Master, they only took George from us." said Alucard, as he turned Integra to face him. "They never said that we couldn't visit."

"They'll see us."

"Not if we're wolves."

"I can't..."

"Yes, you can. Think of a wolf. Think of the dark woods, deep and full of places to hide. Think of the grass beneath your feet and the wind at your back."

Integra closed her eyes and let Alucard's voice wrap around her. Suddenly, her body began to shift and change, and she morphed into a wolf. She shook off her clothes and watched as Alucard too turned into a wolf. Walter and Seras watched with small smiles, as a black wolf and a white wolf ran away into the night.

**

It was nine thirty and the moon was full. George was out back practicing her martial arts, when two wolves trotted up to her. Ink pushed her down, while she was distracted, and sat on her chest.

"I win." he laughed.

"Get off." said George, shoving him off.

Alucard walked up to her and smacked her with his paw. "That was for being distracted and losing."

Then George saw the white wolf. "Sir!" cried George, hugging Integra's wolf form.

"She can't talk in her wolf form. She doesn't even know she's human. All she knows is that you are part of her pack." explained Alucard.

George understood. She got down on all fours and nuzzled Integra like a cub. Integra nuzzled her and licked her face. George rolled over and exposed her belly to her. Integra nuzzled her tummy and George laughed. But all too soon the fun ended.

"Hey! Get off my property! Go! Shew!" cried out Mr. Smith, as he banged to pots together to scare them away. "Don't worry, George, I'll save you."

George laughed at him. "You're in more danger than me." she laughed, sitting up in the grass.

Integra snarled at Mr. Smith. How dare this human threaten her or her child? Alucard stopped her; he gently grabbed her by the neck with his teeth and led her away.

"George! What did I tell you about being out at night by yourself!" yelled Mr. Smith, as he grabbed George's arm. "What if those creatures were rabid?! You could have been killed!"

George said nothing. She just let him drag her back into the house. She looked back and saw that everyone was gone, including Ink. She sighed hopelessly, as Mr. Smith's ranting filled her ears. She wasn't listening to him. She was in no danger. Mr. Smith gave George a spanking for being outside after dark and not in bed. He locked her in her room and went back downstairs.

George just sat on her floor looking up at the moon in the night sky. It was only for another week. Then she could go home. A tear escaped George's eye, and then more joined it. Her cheeks grew wetter and wetter, as she cried. George curled into a ball and cried. She missed the loving touch of her mother, the touch of Sir Integra Hellsing.