Chapter 76

George was now sixteen years old and ready to be presented to the world. Integra smirked at her, as she delivered the queen's invitation for a debutante ball. George wondered why her mother was smiling so hard as she entered the kitchen, and then she read the invitation.

"Like hell I'm going, I've got work to do." said George, as she made breakfast for the kids.

"Don't swear in front of the children, George." Integra smirked, as she scolded George yet again for her language. Integra held up the invitation and read it to George. 

"Morning mummy." said the kids.

"Good morning Jon. Good morning Arthur."

"Look mummy, George made us egg on toast." Little Jon very proudly held up his toast for Integra to see.

"Yes Jon, very nice. George you have to go. The invitation is from the queen herself." said Integra, insistently. "She wants to see you there."

"Then she'll be disappointed; but she'll get over it." said George, as she fed little Arthur, his Toddler Tummy Meal.

"George, one does not dismiss an order from the queen." told Integra, seriously. A little worried at George's blatant disrespect towards the queen.

"And yet you were able to successfully put her off for thirteen years." quipped George.

"George." Integra snarled at her flippancy.

"Sir?" George raised a smirking eyebrow at her.

"Stop being wily." scoffed Integra, blowing her off. "You're going."

"I think I'd rather spend the day in my toy box." George rolled her eyes at her mother and continued feeding little Arthur.

"That could be arranged." said Integra, crossing her arms.

"O.K. Fine, I'll go."

"I will order your dress this afternoon; and Jonathan and I will be presenting you." informed Integra, as she watched George go about her morning kitchen chores.

"I thought it was customary for one's parents to present them." reminded George, preparing breakfast for Integra.

"It is." Integra nodded.

"Then you and Alucard will present me." bargained George.

"Alucard's going to be busy. He must go to Heathrow. There seems to be a den of freaks living in the lost luggage hanger." explained Integra. "And Seras will be babysitting for us."

"Well, then why can't I go with master?" whined George. "I thought Hellsing business came first."

"You're not allowed to hunt until you turn eighteen."

"Oh, come on. You were fourteen when you went on your first hunt."

"That was only because my father died. Had he lived; I wouldn't have been allowed to hunt at all. Walter and Alucard used to do all the hunting back then."

"George can't going out hunting. Good morning Integra." smiled Jonathan, giving her a kiss. "Because she has a ball to attend."

"Hi daddy!" called out little Jon.

"Daddy!" smiled Arthur.

"Good morning, little Jon, how are you? Oh, Arthur you're getting so big." he commented, picking up Arthur.

"No, she's not going hunting. I was just telling her about the old days, when Alucard and Walter did all the hunting." said Integra, sitting down to her breakfast.