Chapter 27

When Walter pulled up in front of the building, and George saw all the little girls in pretty frilly dresses and tights with curls and ribbons, she already knew she was going to hate it here.

'Oh no, God please, if you would just kill me now.'

Maybe, even more than she hated having to go to the Academy, was the thought of having to go here. She was supposed to learn to be a lady; she was supposed to be composed, commanding, and noble, just like Integra. She was supposed to learn to become a leader, both inside and out. But to George, it just seemed like another punishment to be endured.

Madame Collins greeted George warmly. George was impressed. She was expecting some ancient hag with a mean disposition telling her how unlady-like she was. But this Madame Collins was a young woman, probably no older than her early forties. She warm and cheerful and her high cheekbones gave her the look of a fashion model. She wore a bright lavender Jersey Dress and matching shoes. She seemed to dance as she walked while she escorted George and Walter to her new class.

The classroom was bright and cheerful and girly and fluffy. It was beautifully painted in pink and white. It had two wall length mural mirrors and pretty little pink chairs. The dainty little tables were adorned with the frilly white lace cloths draped on them just so, and finally the short wooden runway in the center of the room; George hated it all.

'Yup, definitely more than the academy.' she mentally huffed, as they were greeted by the teacher.

"Good afternoon, Miss Hellsing." smiled Madame Collins.

"Hello." said George, politely, even though she really didn't want to be here.

"Now, now, George, give it a chance. Who knows, you might like it." stated Walter, in his usual fatherly tone.

George's displeasure was obvious. "Yeah, and I might start liking vegetables too." commented George smartly huffing, as the other little girls giggled at her strange attire.

Unlike the other "young ladies" she was wearing black cargo pants, a red rugby shirt, and her favorite little combat boots.

Madame Collins just chuckled at George. "She takes after her father, doesn't she?"

"She does." confirmed Walter.

"Tomboys always have the hardest time adjusting to lady-like behavior. They're like wild little stallions..."

"I like being a wild little stallion." smiled George proudly.

"I'm sure you do. But the trouble will come when you are required to take your place in society. Society is like a game with very strict rules. And how can you possibly win a game if you don't know the rules." explained Madame Collins.

"What if I don't want to play?" asked George.

"George, how will you engage your enemies in battle if you don't know the rules of war? You would not fight the Clans of the North, who use steel and iron, like you would the Tribes of the South, who use leather and wood. You must know your weapons of war like you know your enemies."

"And she will teach me these weapons of war?" asked George, now most interested to learn.

"Not exactly. These will be lessons of stealth, camouflage and infiltration. In order for you to infiltrate high society, you must become a lady of high society. Do you understand?"

"Yes, sir. I will do my best to complete my mission." George saluted her Uncle Walter.

"Mission? Infiltration and camouflage?" questioned Madame Collins, her interest now most certainly piqued.