Chapter 86

"Oh, the weather outside is frightful, but the fire is so delightful. And since we've no place to go, let it snow, let it snow, let it snow..."

"Let it stop snowing." groaned George, as she looked out of the living room bay windows.

It was Christmas Eve, but unlike when she was a kid, the Hellsing household was decked out in all manner of holiday finery. Another "present" Jonathan had brought to the Hellsing household besides his abundant cheerfulness, was the prevalent belief that all holidays were to be observed and filled with revelry.

To top it all off, England was having a bad winter this year. The snow piled up and erased the world away. It had already been snowing off and on for three day. And quite frankly, George was about to kill her little brothers and make Integra start all over again.

"George." called out little Arthur.

"Yes, Arthur." replied George, tearing her eyes away from the snow to look at him.

"Will you tell us the story of the three vampire bears?" asked Arthur, with Tarball sitting next to him and wagging his tail.

"That's hardly a Christmas story." said George, with a small smile.

"But it's Tarball's favorite story." said Arthur, giving Tarball a kiss on his head.

"Oh, it's Tarball's favorite." chuckled George, rolling her eyes and sitting down to read to them. "O.K. sit." Both Arthur and Tarball immediately sat down and George began the story. "Once upon a time, there was a secret agent named Integra Hellsing, aka. Goldilocks, for her golden hair." began George.

Just then Jonathan, with the help of the Wild Geese, dragged a nine foot Christmas tree into the house. They set up the tree and then they began to shed their coats, hats, and gloves, and warm themselves by the fire.

"There you are Integra. The finest Christmas tree I could find." said Jonathan, giving her a kiss.

"Where did you find that tree in this weather?" she asked.

"Quadrant three."

"You cut down one of my trees!" Integra exclaimed, angrily.

"What did you expect in this weather? We can't even find our vehicles, let alone move them." argued Jonathan.

"They are all in the garage, you know that." said Integra, raising an eyebrow at him.

"And the garage is besieged with four feet of snow. We can't open the doors." laughed Jonathan. "Hey George, may I have some hot chocolate for me and the boys."

"George is busy!" shouted Arthur, as he returned to listening to George's story.

"Well, I just get it myself then." chuckled Jonathan, taken aback by his son's candidness. Then he laughed at Integra. "He's your son."

Seras, Pip, and the other Wild Geese set about to decorating the tree, while Integra and little Jon hung the stockings with care. Soon Alucard appeared.

"This is new." he commented.

"This is not new." corrected Integra. "We've been doing this for nine years now."

"Yes, but this year seems almost as if old Arthur himself was back. This is the most you've ever been like your father. Will I be seeing you with a lampshade on your head this evening juiced up on eggnog?"

"Alucard, I refuse to let you rob me of what little Christmas spirit I actually have." sneered Integra, as she continued hanging the stockings that little Jon handed her.