Chapter 42

Jon and Integra went out on more dates; and even though Jon was very good to George, George still refused to acknowledge Jon as part of the family. He had already proven himself unable to protect her, and George would not allow this stupid marriage to occur. George had a plan. Since all her problems began with her majesty, then maybe if she appealed to her majesty she would listen and grant her plea.

Walter dropped George off as school as he always did. George waited until Walter had driven away. Then she hailed a cab and had him drive her to Buckingham Palace.

"Aren't you a little young to be going to Buckingham palace alone?" asked the cabbie.

"No." said George. "I'm seven. Besides my class is visiting the palace today, I just missed the bus that's all."

"Yeah, right." said the driver, as he pulled up to the palace. "That'll be twenty dollars."

George handed him the money and got out. She walked right up to the guard at the gate and spoke her name. At the name Hellsing, the guards let her in. George walked through the main hall and up the stairs. She followed the same path that she had when she first met the knights. However, this time Ink was not here to hide her presence, so she was stopped by one of the palace guards.

"Hold up there little one," he demanded. "What are you doing up here? There are no children allowed on the second floor. Where are your parents?"

George stopped and looked up at him. "My name is George Victoria Hellsing." said George, with a gracious curtsy. "And I am looking for her majesty. There is a private matter that I must discuss with her."

The guard laughed at her. "Right, and I'm the queen mum."

"What's going on here, sergeant?" asked his superior. "Who is this child?"

"She says her name is George Hellsing and that she is here to see the queen." laughed the sergeant.

"Really," said the captain. "Why?"

"A personal matter concerning my mother Sir Integra Hellsing." said George.

The captain looked at George. "Come with me." he demanded.

"May I see her?" asked George.

"I will see if she is available today."

"Captain, you can't be serious," scoffed the sergeant. "She's just..."

"The adopted daughter of Sir Integra Wingates Hellsing," said the captain. "You wouldn't know this. No one does, but this child saved my niece's honor. I'll take her from here, return to your duties."

"Yes, sir." acknowledged the sergeant.

"Follow me, George." the captain commanded.

"Yes, sir."

George followed the captain to a waiting room.

"You must wait here, George. I will send refreshments for you." he said, directing George to a chair.

"Yes, sir." said George. "Thank you, sir."

He smiled at George and then left the room. Minutes later, a light snack showed up with one of the palace servants. George at her lunch and then waited for the queen. It was three hours later, when the queen showed up. George rose from her chair and curtsied before the queen.

"Good morning, your majesty." said George, politely.

"Good morning Victoria," addressed the queen. "We see those charm school lessons have paid off quite a bit. We are very pleased with your improvement."