Chapter 65

After George was released from the dungeon, she kept her word to Integra. She did Walter's job of keeping the household straight and keeping Integra's army well supplied. She also did Jon's job of keeping Integra company; by rubbing her aching feet and sore back, and bringing her tea. Harder to do, but she did it anyway, was keeping up with Integra's cravings. More than once, George and Seras found themselves out looking for fish and chips, and strawberry ice cream at two in the morning.

She also had to keep up her homework and her training. The only time George slept now, was in school; which of course did not sit well with her teachers. More than once, Tommy would shake her awake. So she wouldn't get yelled at by the teacher. Michael took a more direct approach and every time he caught her sleeping; he would hit her with spit ball. Which earned him the trademark scowl from George. But, she couldn't hit him.

And now, Integra is about to give birth. She is attended by the best midwives in all England. And although she screams Jon's name, he wasn't there to comfort her. True to his word, for losing the duel with George, Jon has stayed away from the Hellsing organization. But now, as George sat in the hall and listened to her mother's screams of agony; George realized that her mother needed him, and that he should be here to witness the birth of his child. So George set out to find him and bring him home.

George left the Hellsing manor and started searching for King Richard's Military Academy. She was standing on a street corner and checking her map, when a horseback police officer trotted up to her.

"Shouldn't you be in school?" he asked, as he dismounted.

"I'm looking for the Military Academy." George informed him, looking down at her phone. "Do you know where it is?"

"Are you a student there?" The officer asked.

"No, Jonathan Kant teaches there." George answered his questions, but she did not look up at him. "My mother is about to give birth and I have to bring him home."

"Uh huh. Do I look stupid to you?" The officer crossed his arms and scowled at her. 

"You want the truth?" asked George, raising one eyebrow at him like her mother did when she was pissed at someone.

"O.K. kid, come on. I'm taking you in and calling your parents." he said, as he grabbed George's arm.

"Let me go!" ordered George, her eyes growing dark.

"Nothing doing, Truancy is a serious offense."

"Let go or else." warned George.

"Or else what?" The officer gave her a high and mighty look.

George growled at him, and hip tossed him into the grass. The cop tried to get up, but George kicked him in the head, and knocked him unconscious. Then she walked over to the horse and mounted it. She checked her phone again and then took off towards the academy.

Two patrolmen sitting in a squad car noticed George galloping through the streets. They also noticed that the horse she was riding was a cop's horse. They fired up their siren and took off after George. George groaned at her pursues, and made the horse to gallop faster. George cut into a park, hoping that they would not follow; but they followed her anyway. George jumped park benches and picnic tables trying to lose them, by they stayed with her. Then she saw the lake. She sat and waited for them, and when she saw them coming, she galloped towards them.

"What the hell is she doing?" asked the cop, surprised by George's daring actions. "Look out!" he warned his partner, as they drove towards her.

George jumped the horse over the police car, and the police car drove into the lake. George dismounted the horse and waited to see if the men would come up. When they didn't, she jumped in to save them. She broke the window, cut them loose from their seatbelts, and dragged each one to shore. She made sure they were breathing and then she left them there.