Without me

"Hyunjin has been weird lately." Jeongin said, as everyone in the practice room turned to look at Hyunjin who was texting someone on his phone in the corner of the room. Its been like that for almost two weeks, him ignoring everyone to text whoever he was texting on his phone and the boys weren't that happy about it, no matter who he was texting.

"He's being a dumb-ass." Seungmin commented, rolling his eyes at his friend who's eyes were still fixed on his phone, not even noticing them.

"Who is he talking to?" Changbin asked, but Seungmin just shook his head. 

"I need to get something to drink, text me if you want something too." He said, getting up not really in the mood to explain to them Hyunjin's shit.

"I'm coming with you." Suri got up, quickly leaving the room with Seungmin. The boys started another random chat. quickly forgetting about the main topic. 

"Hyunjin is annoying me." 

"Why?" Suri tried to understand why Seungmin wasn't that happy with Hyunjin's new 'relationship', after all they were his best friend and as much as Suri didn't like it either she still wanted to be happy for Hyunjin.

"I don't know, he's stupid. One day he's dying to get something and when he finally gets it, he just throws it away like that." Seungmin sighed. "Anyways, What do you want to drink?" 

It was always like that, whenever Suri tried to start this conversation with him, he'd just say weird stuff that she didn't understand, or he'd just change the subject. She couldn't even understand anything from Hyunjin himself, since he was always in his own little world with his new girl. He was always sitting alone in his room or sitting with them, but acts as if they're not there, texting or calling the new girl. Suri wasn't mad about it, of course she wasn't, she was just confused to why he was like this with everyone. It was like that girl was the only human on this world, taking all his attention like that. Suri totally understood that he liked her after all and she deserved his time, but she wanted him more. 

"Meh, I don't want to drink anything." 

"You came with me here and you don't want to drink anything?" 

"I didn't want to leave you alone." 

"You didn't want to see Hyunjin giving all his attention to someone else." Suri turned to look at Seungmin, quickly shaking her head at him, then turned away looking anywhere but him. 

"W-why are you s-saying this. I'm perfectly f-fine with him talking to someone else, after all its his life." Seungmin grabbed two bottles of iced coffee, then went to pay with Suri following him. 

"Sometimes I wonder if you guys think I'm too stupid or you just don't know me enough." 

"Sometimes I wish you were stupid." Seungmin chuckled, giving Suri her coffee. "I'm fine, Seungmin. Just thinking." 

"About how you thought he actually liked you and you started liking him too, but now another girl appeared and you don't know if he really liked you or not and now you're wishing that you never had feeling for him?" 

"I really do wish you were stupid." Suri repeated what she just said, and Seungmin pulled her to sit on one of the tables in the middle of the place. 

"Hyunjin is the stupid one here." Seungmin took the bottle from the girl opening it for her. "He doesn't really know what he wants. He's lost and he doesn't want anyone to guide him. He's going to hurt himself too, this girl clearly doesn't like him." 

"Why are you saying that? He looks happy with her, Min." 

"I don't know, maybe the fact that all she talks about is how she wants the public to know about them even though they're still not even in a real relationship, or the fact that since they started talking all she does is ask him to buy her stuff and guess what Hyunjin is spending his money on her. She's using him for fame and money, Rian and he's too blind to see that. I've never seen him this stupid." 

"Seungmin, you should talk to him about it. He's our friend, we can't just watch him do this without helping him." 

"He is not listening, Suri. He isn't. He wasn't planning to tell anyone, because he knows that what he's doing is wrong, but I found out and now he's trying to keep everything from me, but sometimes he tells me stuff without even noticing. I know she's not what he thinks she is." Seungmin sighed again, putting his bottle down, looking at the girl in front of him "Suri, I'm worried about him. I really am." 

"You're making me worried too, but there's nothi-" 

"Tell him that you like him." 

"Woho- No, no. I don't like him like that Seung-" 

"You do, I know you do. You liked him even before you joined the group, Jisung once told me about how you liked to watch him dance without anyone knowing, you were a creep." 

"Jisung is an asshole and me, watching him dance doesn't mean that I'm in love with him." 

"It doesn't, but you do like him." Suri let out a dry chuckle, giving Seungmin a quick glare. 

"Min, listen I'm not going to tell anyone that I like them, so if he doesn't listen to you and start acting like a man, then its his own problem and he needs to fix it on his own. If he likes her, then he likes her. What so wrong with him dating anyone, I dated Jeno and things between us didn't go as we wanted and here I'm living my best life after we broke up. He's an adult he can take care of himself, without me or without you. Let's go back before they start calling us." 

Suri didn't wait for Seungmin as she already got up, walking to the elevator trying to stop herself from overthinking about the whole thing. "He can't take care of himself without you, Suri. He can't." Seungmin followed the girl slowly, not planning to talk about this with her again. At least for now.