6

"Whoever is happy will make others happy too." – Mark Twain

Bella's pov

Fortunately he decided to take a car this time. I liked the bike ride but am still very much scared of it and don't consider it to be safe.

"Ella, can you start the navigation for your house" he said in a calm tone. I did as I was told and started the navigation on my cell phone.

"You called me Ella" I started the conversation.

"Yeah I like it better, do you have a problem with it?" He asked

"My father used to call me that when I was little" I explained.

"Used to?" He asked as he was confused.

"Yeah he died, when my brother was born, in a car accident" I told him, there is sadness in my voice. Although it's been years since that incident took place, I still find it difficult to talk about it.

"I am sorry, I had no idea. I'll stop calling you that then" he apologized. I could see that he really did feel bad that he made me sad.

"No no, that's not what I meant, I like it when you call me Ella, it reminds me of him." I said with a smile.

"So that's why you used to work non stop" he said more to himself than to me.

"After his death, I had to do something to help my mother out. I started working as soon as possible. My mother is a nurse,she takes extra shifts to give a nice future to me and my brother. I really love her but since my fathers death, we both didn't really talk much, we both just surrounded ourselves with work all the time." I started opening up to him.

He is the only person I have opened up to since his death.

"Your brother lives all alone the entire day?" he asked.

"Yeah he does. He is very brave and way mature for his age. I usually make his breakfast, pack his lunch and make him dinner at night. He is very obedient and understands the fact that me and mom have to work. You know he even wishes to work himself so that he can help us" I laugh a bit sadly while remembering the day when he was so upset that he couldn't work. My eyes started to tear up.

"Do you mind if I meet him?" He asked. I could tell he was actually feeling bad about all of this.

"You can meet him, I am sure he'll like it very much" I replied with a smile.

Jake doesn't get to talk to many people, and I know he'll like to meet Xander. He loves it when someone comes over.

We arrive at my house. It is nothing like Xander's but I don't  feel any embarrassment because of it. My father bought this house for us, and it has just so many memories of him.

I open the door with my key, and see Jake coming towards me happily.

"Bell bell you are home early" he exclaimed. Yup that's the nickname he decided to give me.

"Bell bell huh?" Said Xander and laughed.

"Do we have a guest bell" Jake said shyly and started observing Xander.

"Jake meet Xander my friend, and Xander meet Jake my little brother" I introduced them to each other.

"Are you really bell's friend, also can I call you Xan instead" my brother asked politely. Obviously he was wondering whether he really is my friend or not.

"Yes I am" he said while looking at me "and you can call me whatever you want little one, as now you are my friend too" He answered his question. I was really happy at the fact that he was making an extra effort to meet my brother and he really did make him happy.

"Bell, look I too have a friend now" said my brother happily.

Xander was about to leave, when Jake stopped him.

"Xan can you stay till dinner pleaseeee, bell makes really delicious food" he started pleading. He really does like him then, otherwise he doesn't easily open up to people. Xander looked at me, maybe asking for my permission.

"Jake dear, Xander has his other friends waiting for him at his place. Now he can't leave them like this right?" I started explaining.

He started looking at him and asked "will you come here again" in a sad voice.

"I promise to come on weekend and will stay till dinner. I can't turn down bell bell's cooking now can I? " he smirked at me and he left.

"Jake I brought some pizza for you" I said, remembering my left over pizza that I packed for him. And started to heat it for him.

"You bought a pizza bell" he said shockingly.

"No our friend Xander did. Do you like him?" I asked

"Yess I do, he is really nice and sweet and funny and tall." He exclaimed.

I really am glad at the fact that Jake liked Xander.

———————————————————————————
Hope you liked it💕

———————————————————————————Hope you liked it💕