21

"I never knew how to worship until I knew how to love."
– Henry Ward Beecher

Bella's pov

Okay so choosing Xander as my project partner hasn't been helpful at all. Even after my countless efforts to make him read that book he refuses to do so saying that he can't go through it again because it's sad.

I even suggested that if he doesn't like this one then we could maybe choose another book. But our prince doesn't want to read at all as it's 'time waste' according to him.

So I decided to think of this project as my solo project, to which he'll just get the free credit for.

During the entire week, I wrote down a beautiful book review. Honestly I am really proud of myself for the way it turned out.

Today is Friday, the day we have to present it in front of the class. Although Xan complained a lot about the fact that we'll voluntarily present our's first, I got him to agree after lecturing him about the importance of presenting a good presentation with confidence, and doing it before anyone else helps set the bar high.

I am a bit competitive when it comes to these things. So don't mind me.

Jacob whereas read my book report as he was curious and also read the entire book after that. He loved it, kept on saying that he will love me always no matter what. Also quoted Lana Del Rey's song 'Young and beautiful' which appears in the movie as well. And said that he'll still love me even when I am no longer young and beautiful.

He literally touches my heart with these sweet little things he does for me.

I do want to grow old with him, and I'll love him no matter what.

Anyways coming back to the presentation, I explained Xander the gist of it and told him to speak his opinion of the book. As it will show variation and how different things can be learned from a single work.

Okay so the plan is to summit the book report and present with some clips from the movie, which will show more why we formed this certain opinion. Plus I thought that others will be able to connect more with the story this way.

I have already made the presentation and did everything else to make this perfect. Xan will speak his views first so that then later I can show up comparison with his views.

The class was surprised to see Xan taking a part in any assignment, specially the girls who were very excited and already started to clap when they saw him.

Anyways I give out the introduction to the class and now give Xan the turn to speak his mind.

"This book is so well written that it even made me connect to the characters. I think perspective matters a lot, I had a very different opinion of the story when I first learned about it. I saw the bad side of the society, I saw how money is the thing people always care about and thought that It'll be the only thing which will matter in the future as well. I learned that it's better not to fall in love with anyone the way Gatsby loves daisy, because it's easier right? And you can avoid all the hurt feelings in your life this way. We can all become heartless, going after money, kind of people with nothing to worry about. I honestly said that Gatsby shouldn't have ever loved her, instead should've just focused upon making more money. He could've had anyone he wanted, he was young, charming and extremely rich. I am sure that this opinion of mine must be also of many yours. So that's why I want to share what Bella told me when I told her about this." He speaks and suddenly a video of me explaining him the positive side of the story shows up. It's from when we watched the movie. I had no idea he was filming it but apparently he did.

"As you can see, she had absolutely no idea that I was filming it, but still she believed in her idea so much that she wanted me to show this positive outlook of her's. And honestly it changed the way I thought entirely and completely. So that's the lesson we should take from this book, to have a positive outlook upon things and never stop believing in hope and love."

More shocking is the fact that people loved his idea. Because the clip that he showed proved how much I believed in my opinion. I had no idea he was filming and that this could be in the presentation, but still there was dedication and passion on my face while explaining.

The whole class clapped for us. Even the professor did and said "great work" to us.

I poke at him and say "Hey I had no idea you were recording me" , "yeah and that's what makes it more special Ella" he replies while winking at me. "You look hot though while trying to explain" he continues to which I reply "shut up" and chuckle to myself.

Never knew Xander Clain can be smart and creative with his project.

Well as it turns out he is a useful partner after all.

————————————
Hope you liked it💕

————————————Hope you liked it💕