24

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift of God, which is why we call it the present."
– Bil Keane

Bella's pov

Today is my cooking competition, and my boyfriend is going to be there to support me. After this we'll go to shop for homecoming.

For today's three course meal competition, I decided to make mozzarella sticks and onion rings for appetizer, chicken fried steak for entree, and chocolate brownie with ice cream for dessert.

Considering that making so much food requires a lot of time, we were allowed to make it at home on a condition to record ourselves while making it, which proves that we actually did it on our own selves. Due to lack to equipments I did this at Jacob's place. But it was tough to keep him away from it.

We still had to present it beautifully to the judges, which me and the other participants did.

Jacob kept on taking pictures of me all the time.

I was a little nervous about my other two meal, but very confident about my brownie and homemade ice cream. I know dessert is my speciality.

The judges are very happy with the way my dishes looked like, and delighted with the taste as well.

"After tasting all the dishes made by every participant, we can say that this was a tough decision, as everyone did extremely well. The winner of this competition is Bella Grey." The judges finally announce.

I look over at Jacob and see him smiling and clapping happily for me. I go and collect my prize from the judges, meanwhile Jacob clicks a picture of mine.

I go and hug him tightly, "I can't believe I won" I say, "Well I told you, my girlfriend is the best" he replies.

We meet up with others, and tell them about my win. And we are met with another news of Taylor winning in her boxing match as well. She is such an awesome person, just full of talents.

"Guys we're going to the mall to shop for homecoming" Jacob tell the others, "Can we join you as well?" Cole and Taylor asks, to which I reply "yeah sure, Xan you wanna come too?"

He looks at me for a moment and then nods "I'll ask Maddie too, she has been forcing me to shop something since months."

"Bro I still don't understand why you're with her" Cole speaks up, Xan doesn't really reply to it, just starts to focus on his phone, as if he didn't hear that. "She is not that bad, I was friends with her once too. Maybe we should give her more chances." I try to defend her.

"Yeah sure" Taylor says sarcastically.

Every shop we are going in, has costly clothes. I already regret coming to shop with them.

"Elle why aren't you looking for something?" Jacob notices my discomfort so he asks.

"I can't really afford these clothes, and you all already do so much for me, I don't want you to spend on me." I answer honestly.

"Elle, I like spending upon you okay? Making you happy in any possible way makes me so happy. So I do this out of my own selfish needs okay? We both are in this together forever and always." He replies.

"Yeah but I am going to pay you back every single thing once I become a successful." I say to him seriously, "Yes okayy you can pay be back then. Now stop worrying about such things." He replies and kisses me on my cheek, Making me blush.

My eyes fall on a beautiful black color dress, I pick it up and suddenly a hand takes it from mine. I notice that it's none other than Madison. "This will look perfect on me" she says to herself, and doesn't even bother to apologize to me. I take my words back, she is exactly how others describe her.

Xander and Jacob were about to say something to her, but I stop them . "It's okay really, I'll look for another dress. I am sure this place is full of beautiful dresses."

Jacob looks at me, smiles softly and nods.

Xander disappears for a moment and comes back with a gorgeous red color dress. "How about this one?" He suggests, " I love it; I'll go and try it on." I say with excitement in my eyes and voice.

It's really very beautiful, more than the black one, it has a beautiful neckline and lace work, the back is revealing but I guess I can wear it.

(Pinterest)

(Pinterest)

It looks perfect upon me, showing my each and every curve perfectly. I step out of the dressing room and feel everyone's eyes on me. "You look so beautiful cupcake, we are taking this one." Jacob is the one to compliment me first, and then other agrees with him as well, "I didn't know you were this hot" was Cole's reaction which earns him a glare from Jacob and Taylor. "You look stunning!" Exclaims Taylor. Meanwhile Xander just keeps on looking at me, until Madison comes from the billing counter.

"Thank you Xan, this dress is amazing." I thank Xander, while Jacob was paying for my dress. Trust me I do feel terrible but he just won't listen until I'll except it.

"No need, the dress was made for you. I knew the moment I saw it that you'll look perfect in it." He replies with a bit hurtful smile.

I don't understand the reason behind his hurt, I assume it has something to do with me but can't really understand what exactly.

—————————————
What do you think will happen in the upcoming chapters?
What's your favorite color?
Hope you liked the chapter💕

—————————————What do you think will happen in the upcoming chapters? What's your favorite color? Hope you liked the chapter💕