46

"A warm smile is the universal language of kindness." – William Arthur Ward

Bella's pov

I made the decision of giving us a chance, because I can't keep on denying my feelings for him.

Denial won't help them go away, I can't escape them. That's the way I feel and that's the reality. I don't think that I should I keep on thinking about others, because honestly I have experienced that even if you don't do anything bad, the other people are still gonna say stuff about you no matter what. So you might as well do what you want.

And the last reason being, I want to be happy again like before.

I want to live the rest of my life happily, I want to experience things, I want to have a loving family.

I realized that I am blessed with everything. I have Xander who loves me, I have Donna who is a second mother to me, and my baby girl who'll soon be born, and even Oscar too who loves me unconditionally. This is the kind of family I wanted, and I do have it.

Today we were supposed to go on a date, but it started raining so we didn't.

Currently Xan is too keen onto having a date night, and that's the reason why he decided to cook something himself. Hilarious I know. He doesn't have any clue about cooking and still he sent all the staff away.

Me and Donna meanwhile are having fun watching him try.

"Xan, you don't need to make me anything. I know you don't know how to cook. Come on I'll do it for the both of us." I reason with him again, but just like every single time, he denied my help saying "I do know how to cook, I'll make such good dishes that you'll end up begging for more."

I know for a fact that he doesn't even know how to cook ramen. But well now that he is not listening to me and Donna about this, we decided to watch all the craziness that's about to take place in our kitchen.

He is following a YouTube tutorial to learn how to make spaghetti.

"Wanna bet the kitchen's gonna set on fire?" Says Donna laughing at his attempts to turn on the stove.

"Hahah I know that'll happen, can't bet upon something that I think will happen for sure. How about that he won't be able to figure out the stove for the next 15 mins?" I reply to Donna's remark. Which makes both of us laugh a bit more.

"15? I bet he won't till an hour." Says Donna chuckling while eating the popcorns we made earlier for entertainment.

"That's it. Both of you out of my kitchen." Xan half yells at us, well obviously because he is irritated by our criticism.

"You can't kick us out." I say while sticking my tough out.

He gives both of us a glare, "Oh yeah, wanna try me?"

"Don't be such a mood buster Xan." Says Donna.

"Get out, both of you, right now." He says again with his scary kind of voice. Because of which we boo at him and show him thumbs down sign. With this we decided to go towards the living area.

"Honestly I have never seen him like this before." Donna starts the conversation once we settle down on our couch. "What you do mean?" I ask confused.

"He never used to care about things like this. I mean yeah he loves both of his friends but he didn't ever cook, not even for them. Not even popcorn or heating up the pizza in a microwave, Nothing. You are the only one, he's doing this for." She completes telling me.

I smile, I know he is very serious about me. He wants to make me happy all the time, wants to take away all my problems. He used to always care about me even when I was with Jacob. Hearing this confirmed my thought that he hasn't ever done this for any girl before.

He treats me like I am the best thing happened to him. But in reality he is, the best thing happened to me. He gave me strength, support to get back and live my life again to the fullest.

He is the reason behind my happiness, the way he banters with me always keeps cheering me up. I have never had this kind of fun connection with anyone, mostly because I am kind, people are always sweet towards me. No one used to joke around, or tease me all the time. And this friendship/ attraction kind of thing is working well for me.

After finishing some mind blowing episodes of the tv series 'dark' he is finally here with food. Surprised? Yes I am. I expected him to come here after finally giving up on trying. And honestly it smells great.

"Come on, the rain stopped a while ago. I arranged a garden 'candle light dinner' for both of us." He smiles at me.

"Wait then, let me get ready first. I want to look good for our first date." I say to which he looks at me like I have gone mad and replies, "You do know that you look beautiful to me every single time without even trying, right?"

I laugh and blush a bit at his response, "Shh, let me put in some efforts too." I say and speed walk towards my room.

——————

Did you like this chapter? If yes don't forget to vote and comment your views.
Also you all can send some song suggestions if you want for the upcoming or previous chapters.
Thankyou! 💕