49

"God made the world for the delight of human beings– if we could see His goodness everywhere, His concern for us, His awareness of our needs: the phone call we've waited for, the ride we are offered, the letter in the mail, just the little things He does for us throughout the day. As we remember and notice His love for us, we just begin to fall in love with Him because He is so busy with us — you just can't resist Him. I believe there's no such thing as luck in life, it's God's love, it's His."
-Mother Teresa

Xander's pov

My life right now is absolutely perfect. I have the love of my life as my wife, I am about to become a dad, I did great in my final exams well because of the help and motivation I had from Ella. She obviously was the topper but hey I am the one who improved.

My father is actually pleased with me, he noticed how serious I am about things, and doesn't taunt me upon my marriage anymore.

My father wants me to start coming to our office. Though he'll be monitoring and teaching me about things, he thinks I am ready to take all these responsibilities.

So I started to work for him in my own company, and well I have been working my ass off to prove my worth to everyone here.

Because of my work, I haven't been able to give much time to my lovely wife, but yeah I do love sleeping next to her each and every day.

She even had to go to her further appointments alone because she didn't want to trouble anyone. Although me and Cole basically forced her to accept our help, she still refused and said she is fine by going with the driver. She promised me that she is taking very good care of our daughter.

Honestly she is my motivation, it's all because of her that I am changed into this better version of myself. She keeps encouraging me whenever I come back home tired from work.

She is the love of my life, she is my dream, my reality, my happiness, my literal everything.

"Hey baby!" I greet her with a hug and peck on her lips, as I just came home from work.

"How was your day?" She asks me slowly, for some reason she really looks very tired and dull. I know pregnancy is a lot to handle, but I didn't think that she'll become this weak.

"Cuteness you shouldn't worry too much about me, worry about yourself, as you are the only one who keeps me going in life." I take her hand in mine and make her sit down.

"I am taking care of myself Xan, I promise." She replies still in her weak voice.

"Your voice tells me otherwise, go upstairs and rest, I'll ask Donna to get our dinner in our room." I tell her to go and rest and thankfully she listens.

"Donnaaaa" I half yell jokingly to call her, "Please send our dinner to our room?" And request her when she finally listens. She smiles at me tells me how happy she is about the way things turned out to be and goes inside the kitchen to inform the other staff.

I notice Ella sitting on the bed, recording a video on her new camera that she got. She did tell me that she wants to make videos for our daughter, so that once she gets old enough, she could watch how excited, crazy we were when she wasn't born. She told me she learned this from Jacob, who loved recording each and every moment.

"Hello, my dearest daughter and wife." I make my own appearance on the video and continue, "I want to inform you that your mother doesn't take good care of herself. So we'll have to gang up in future and look after her together, otherwise she'll keep stressing herself out." I say to which Ella makes a pouty face, and says, "don't start complaining about me to my daughter." To which I laugh and kiss her on her cheeks.

"Have you decided a name yet?" I ask her, and her grin tells me that she did.

"I was thinking of 'Jade', Ja from Jacob, De from Xander." She tells me about her decision which automatically makes me wanna kiss her, so I do.

"That's amazing. Jade Williams, sounds so good." I compliment her upon her choice but she shakes her head and says, "Jade Clain Williams."

I look at her not believing what she just said, she wants to give my family name to her. Don't misunderstand me I am really really happy about it, it's such a big deal to me.

I just can't believe how perfect this is, how lovely and amazing my wife is.

"Really?" I ask her still shocked that she thought of it. She grins and hugs me, "yes really, you idiot."

"Thank you so so much Ella, for trusting me so much, for giving me a family. I love you so god damn much." I say and kiss her again.

"You will be a great father Xan, I know you already love her so much. She and I are very lucky to have you with us. She is gonna be the luckiest daughter to have you as her father." She says once breaking away from the kiss, tears in her eyes proving how honest her words are.

I pick her up in my arms and whisper, "I promise, I'll never let you down. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me my baby."

She is about to kiss me, but stops when we hear the knock on our door. I place her down, and open my door to receive our dinner, while she chuckles upon our moment earlier.

——————
Hope you all liked it!! ❤️
Thoughts?

——————Hope you all liked it!! ❤️Thoughts?