25

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us."
– Helen Keller

Bella's pov

Today is the homecoming dance, and to say that I am nervous would be an understatement. All of this literally feels like too good to be true.

It's as if I am living in my own fairy tale. I am a princess who has met her Prince Charming and is deeply in love.

I am scared, I wish that everything stays the same way as it is now. I am scared to lose this now that I am so used to it.

But anyways apart from that, I am happy for today, I am excited to see Jacob and others dressed formally and all of us having a good time in general. I never imagined I'll be part of the popular group but because of the deal, I am now for which I am so thankful to god.

Taylor and I are getting ready together at her place, she does comes here at times and then go back to staying with Cole. I am happy for them honestly, both of them deserve all the love they never got from there family, and in this mist of hurt, they have found each other.

(Taylor's dress)

Taylor looks amazing in her dark maroon dress

Taylor looks amazing in her dark maroon dress. Her hair perfectly straightened, makeup on point. She honestly looks stunning, I am sure Cole will have a hard time resisting her tonight.

I look into the mirror one more time, I curled my hair a bit to make it wavy, which suits me better. And decided to wear Taylor's red heels along with the dress. She did my makeup which made me look gorgeous.

I hear the door bell ring which informed us that our date's are here.

I walk as fast as possible in these heels and open the door.

And my eyes meet up with the most good looking guy ever, who is all mine for ever.

"You look breathtaking Elle" he compliments me. "You don't look too bad yourself" to which he smirks knowing that I am practically drooling over his looks. Not my fault, that he looks so hot.

I notice Cole going speechless over Taylor's looks. Both of them are just staring at each other without breaking eye contact.

Once me and Jacob are in his car, he says "Seriously, you look amazing babe" and gives me a peck on my lips trying not to ruin my lipstick.

"Trying to look best for my hot af boyfriend" I say in my reply, not realizing I just called him hot. "Hot af huh?" He teases, I knew it. "Don't flatter yourself much and drive, otherwise we'll get late" I reply in my comeback, to which he chuckles and says "Yes boss" .

Once we reach our school, I notice how pretty everything looks. People really did a good job on decorating.

We go inside, and I notice Xander with Madison. Xander's eyes connect with mine and he smiles and says, "You look amazing Ella."

"Well it's all because of your help. You look great too Xan!" I compliment him. He does looks amazing, no doubt. Every girl in this room wants to be in my position right now, which is near the three most good looking guys.

Madison looks great in her black dress as well. But for some reason she just keeps staring at me from time to time. Maybe she is jealous of my this dress, I don't really understand this girl.

"Wanna dance, cupcake?" Jacob asks me, I nod at him and follow him to the dance floor.

As soon as we arrive on the dance floor, 'A thousand years' by Christina perri starts to play.

Heart beats fast
Colors and promises
How to be brave
How can I love when I'm afraid to fall
But watching you stand alone
All of my doubt, suddenly goes away somehow

Dancing on these lyrics, with the man I love, makes this moment even more special. His hands are on my waist while mine rests on his shoulder. Both moving perfectly in each other's arms.

And all along I believed, I would find you
Time has brought your heart to me, I have loved you for a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

Lyrics never sounded more meaningful than right now to me.

"I love you cupcake" I hear him whisper into my ears, "I love you more" I say to which he shakes his head a bit and says "not possible" which makes both of us smile.

We dance on few other songs as well until I get tired and decide to take rest for some time. I should better get used to wearing heels.

Jacob excuses himself and goes to find something to eat, typical.

I notice Taylor and Cole dancing beautifully together, and notice Cole leaning in to kiss her. I so knew it.

Meanwhile Xander dancing with Madison looks uninterested. His eyes connect with mine, as it trying to tell me something through his eyes. He stops when Madison notices it.

——

The event is now about to end, and only the announcement for homecoming king and queen is left now. As I thought, Xander becomes king and Madison is chosen as the queen. Madison forces Xan to go to the stage with her. His eyes finds me again, I smile at him to congratulate him, but his expressions tells me that he is not really happy to be there.

"Are you fucking kidding me" says Madison on the mic, which shocks everyone, what's her deal now?

"She is the reason why you don't look at me? Really Xander. Her, I mean come on are you blind or something" she continues with her newfound drama. I didn't have any idea what she was talking about until she starts looking at my direction, throwing me glares.

"I can't believe you like Bella. I really thought I was crazy to even think that until I saw it with my own eyes, you looking at her all the freaking time." And she drops her mic and takes off with her crown.

————————————
Did you expect this?

————————————Did you expect this?