40

"When written in Chinese the word "crisis" is composed of two characters – one represents danger and the other represents opportunity. "
– John F. Kennedy

Bella's pov

I have been trying to sleep from the past two hours, but haven't been able to.

My whole body aches, for some reason. My legs, arms, back, everything is hurting.

My doctor said that it's nothing to worry about, and that some women does face this problem.

But I am bored, and tired, laying in my bed from the past two hours trying to sleep and failing miserably.

So I decide to do something, that something being, waking up Xander. I know it's cruel, but I am bored. I can't sit like this all night long. Also he kinda asked me to tell him whenever I feel any kind of problem. So he did ask for this.

I walk towards his room, and watch him sleeping peacefully. He looks even more handsome while sleeping. I slowly go and sit beside him on the bed, which wakes him up.

"Hey, what's wrong Ella?" He asks in his sleepy yet cute voice. I look at him, feeling sort of guilty for waking him up, "My whole body aches, I am not able to sleep." I tell him honestly.

His expressions change instantly, no longer having the worried face, but having a smile on his face. He looks at me and says, "Come on, lay down here, I'll massage your body, it'll help to reduce the pain."

I look at him for a while, thinking whether I should trouble him with this or not. But then decide to let him help, because I don't think I can sleep with this pain.

I lay down on his bed and adjust his pillows under my head. "Thank you Xan!"

In reply he just chuckles and starts massaging my legs first, he presses them with his hands firmly, which helps ease my pain a lot. Although I am just wearing shorts with a tank top for sleeping, I don't feel uncomfortable around him at all. His bare hands on my naked legs, doesn't feel weird to me.

I moan a little, because his massage is really helping me, easing my pain, relaxing my muscles.

"You gotta stop making those noises Ella." Xander groans, which makes me red. Obviously he is a guy after all, so I put in extra efforts then not to make any kind of noise.

Soon I feel my eyes closing, and me falling into peaceful sleep.

Xander's pov

I was sleeping peacefully until I noticed someone sitting right next to me. I was a bit annoyed at her, until I saw how exhausted she looked, which made me worry about her.

I smiled when she told me about her body pain, it made me feel like she trusts me, and doesn't mind asking for my help when needed.

I suggested the idea of me massaging her, so she could fall asleep. Although it did help her, it was a terrible mistake.

I have been trying to suppress my feelings for her as much as I can. Even now when she is my wife, I try to think of her as just a friend. But in moments like these, I am not able to control it.

Being this close to her, brings back so many ideas I have had about her. She is gorgeous, and hot as fuck, no doubt. But what makes it even worse is the kind of noises she made while I was massaging her legs, and the fact that she is wearing shorts. I mean how the hell am I supposed to control it now.

I watch her, as she slowly falls asleep. I love how I could help her with this. She still has a smile on her face, when she is sleeping.

Over the last couple of months, we have become more closer than ever. She is comfortable around me, she trusts me a lot, she actually smiles now, and is happy most of the times.

I know she still loves Jacob, and she probably will for the rest of her life, and honestly this doesn't bother me, not even a bit. He was the most important person to me too, I will love and miss him too for the rest of my life. But loving someone, doesn't mean that you can't love someone else. I now understand that I can't ever, and I even don't want to ever take Jacob's place in her life.

I am going to make my own place in her heart.

I am content with what I have right now, am grateful and fortunate to have her with me, and will soon have a beautiful child with her.

She is starting to show now, and it feels great. I love how strongly she is handling everything in her life, I feel proud of her.

Tomorrow we have an appointment with the doctor, we'll hopefully be able to find about the gender soon. I honestly am hoping for a girl, but yeah as Bella says, both are great.

I have been going with her to every single one of these appointments, it makes me feel happy.

I again watch my wife, sleeping right next to me, on my bed. I lay down right next to her, put the hair strands behind her ears, and say "Goodnight beautiful", she immediately pulls me into a hug, her head on my shoulder, her arms now wrapped up around me.

I smile, although I know she wouldn't have done this if she wasn't sleeping, I can't help but feel happy about this closeness.

—————————————
Thoughts?

—————————————Thoughts?