Chapter 30

Third Person's POV

"So tonight is my mom's birthday and she wanted to celebrate it with family." Namjoon said entering the kitchen.

It was friday tonight, the day after everything happened.

After she lied about being pregnant.

She didn't know that today would be his mother's birthday.

"Namjoon. I'm not family. What am I doing here?" Eveleen looked confusedly at him.

She had gone home and changed into a very beautiful flowy red dress.

Her hair was curled and styled half up and half down.

She was wearing light makeup and a pair of white shoes.

"Well... after last night you kinda are a part of the family..." Namjoon turned to Eveleen.

"I don't want to cause any trouble Namjoon." Eveleen pouted.

"You won't!" Namjoon shook his head, placing both his hands on Eveleen's arms, "You got me here, okay?"

Eveleen nodded.

She was worried.

She didn't want to ruin his mother's birthday party with her family.

She felt out of place.

"Namjoon what are you doing?" Eveleen asked after a while.

He was searching for something.

Opening cabinet after cabinet.

"I want to bake a cake for my mom and I'm looking for a recepe." He searched the cabinets but upon finding nothing he sighed.

"I'm lost!"

"Do you want me to do it?" Eveleen looked up at Namjoon.

"You can bake a cake? With no recepe?" He raised his brow.

She nodded.

"I know a very delicious cake." She smiled sadly.

She walked past Namjoon and started searching for the ingredients.

She started to work on her cake.

She was working in silence.

Deep in thought as her mind drifted back to when she was a child.

What a childhood she had.

"Eveleen. Where did you learn to bake a cake?" Namjoon asked after a while.

Eveleen thought for a minute before answering.

"Well... I lived with my dad and step mother. She... hated me. So did my dad... I never really got any birthday cake or any birthday present whatsoever." Eveleen sighed, stopping mid mixing the ingredients.

"I remember... I was about to be nine years old and came home from school. A lot of my classmates were talking about what great birthdays they had with their families, and i never really had one."

"When I came home, I was alone so I went to the kitchen and started baking. For no one to find out what I had done, I kept the windows open the whole time so that the smell from the cake would not stay inside the house."

Namjoon listened closely.

"My first cake didn't come as I thought it would but... it was still... my first cake... So i went to my room and hid it under my bed."

"When my dad got home he caught me washing the dishes. He was so mad. He took me to my room and beat me..."

Eveleen teared up.

"When he was beating me with his belt I fell down to the floor and somehow the cake got smashed...
My... my dad walked out of the room... in tears, I lit up the smashed cake and sang happy birthday to myself..."

"I was alone, in the dark, in pain, but... I was the birthday girl." Eveleen tried to cheerfully smile.

"God damn it!" Her hands went up as she tried to wipe the tears away.

"I'm not emotional bitch I swear." She laughed, making Namjoon smile.

Eveleen is a person that doesn't show her emotions. You always see her smiling but behind closed doors in her room she often cries herself to sleep.

She sleeps in fear every night but if you saw her, you'd never know.

"But yeah... to answer your question, that's how I learned to bake a cake. Every year I would get beat up but every year the cake just tasted better and better."

She cleared her throat and continue mixing.

"If there's one thing I have learned my whole life, is that one day, I will be a great mother to my child. I will shower that baby with the love I never had."

Namjoon smiled.

"Our baby!"

The whole time, Namjoon's mother has been just outside the kitchen, listening to Eveleen share her story.

(End of chapter 30.)