Chapter 39

Third Person's POV

"Really? What information do you have?" Eveleen exclaimed.

Namjoon pulled the two of them into the kitchen where they could talk without being interrupted by the guys talking in the back.

"Well..." J-Hope sighed,

"Your mother is not dead. That's for sure!" He started off.

"I knew it!" She smiled.

"But tell me more. Did you find out where she is now? I had a brother too. Could you maybe find him?"

J-Hope shook his head.

"As I told you. I managed to find out that she's not dead when she went to change her name. But I can't come further in the computer to find out what name she changed it to."

Eveleen sighed.

"What about her brother?" Namjoon crossed his arms against his chest, waiting a response from J-Hope.

"I have nothing on him." He pouted.

"Do you perhaps have any picture of your brother, anything that could lead us closer?"

Eveleen put her bag on her lap, searching through it for her wallet.

"Ah... here it is."

She pulled the wallet out of the bag and opened it up.

There was a little picture on her wallet.

Three people were in the photo.

A woman, a toddler baby boy and probably a one year old baby girl.

"I have this one."

J-Hope took the picture on his hands.

"It's cropped out?" He looked up at Eveleen.

"My father was in the picture. I hate him. I didn't want to have him in my only picture with my siblings and my mom." She glared at a distance.

She despised her father.

He made her live through hell.

The more J-Hope stared at the picture the more he thought he had seen it somewhere.

"What?"

Namjoon noticed his confused face.

"It's... nothing... Can I take a picture of this?" J-Hope pulled out his phone and with Eveleen's permission he took a photo.

"I will come back with more information. I won't leave you hanging."

"I hope you find something. You're my only hope."

He smirked.

"Of course. There is one and only J- HOPE in this world." He sakd proudly.

Eveleen and Namjoon laughed, nodding at the same time.

For sure.

He was one and only.

While the three of them were talking in the kitchen, the rest of gang in the living room were questioning Aylin.

"Okay. We didn't ask you anything when you were in the hospital, but... Why did you risk your life like that for Jackson?" India looked at her with suspicious eyes.

"Do you perhaps... love him?" Taehyung asked from the other couch.

"Yes I do!" She nodded.

Taehyung's face dropped.

"But not in that way."

Taehyung then looked up from his lap.

"You guys know I'm an orphan right?" She asked the girls and they nodded.

"I don't have parents. With my hard work I managed to win this scholarship all the way from Turkey to come and study here in Korea."

"I had a family once..." She trailed off, "Jackson's family had adopted me. They took me to China."

She took a deep breath.

"I lived with them for about 2 years. During that time I was 10 years old and Jackson was 14. We bonded! As a brother and sister."

"If you were adopted then how come u were sent back to the orphanage?"

Selene was confused.

"We were sleeping one night when we were attacked inside the home. Intruders came in and wanted to kill us. They were someone that my parents at the time had pissed off and they came for revenge."

"They were going to kill me but Jackson managed to save my life by hiding me under his bed, where if you pushed the bed away, there was a carpet and under the carpet was a secret door to a secret hideout. It was a small space and he gave it to me."

"He saved my life then, and I saved his now."

"Did anything happen to the family?"

India asked this time.

"They had entered the room and were beating up Jackson but at that time the police came."

"They took me back to Turkey because the family I had gotten adopted to would be dangerous for me."

She sighed.

"So... in a way Jackson is like your brother."

"He's not just like my brother, he IS my brother."

(End of chapter 39.)