The birth of Harry Potter

Throw kindness around like confetti

Disclaimer: this may come as a surprise but I am 100% Sirius, I didn't write this chappy it ''twas written by @Konflickted on our trusty platform FanFiction.Net.

Lily rolled her eyes at James and smiled as she cradled the phone between her shoulder and her ear. She signaled she needed just another moment before she could deal with whatever he wanted her attention for. He nodded and signaled to her suitcase that lay open on the bed. She covered the mouthpiece lightly with her hand.

"Just leave it," Lily said to him.

"No, cuz I know you, Lily Potter," James teased. "You'll carry it downstairs yourself, and I won't have you doing that in your condition."

"Ha, fine," Lily said as she turned her back to her husband of two years. It seemed like yesterday that they were being married and moving into the huge house that had been the scene of so many events in the recent years between Lily and James.

"Are you listening still?" Alice asked as she cleared her throat into the phone.

"Naturally," Lily replied.

"Then what was I saying?" Alice asked. Lily could picture Alice standing there with her hand on her hip. It nearly made her laugh. Some things never changed.

"You're telling me that you wish I'd rethink this camping trip so late in my pregnancy, but I was just about to counter that with what Dr. Marlow told me just a few hours ago," Lily said.

"Which was?" Alice asked.

"Dr. Marlow says that he thinks it'll be at least another week or so," Lily sighed frustrated as she patted her very large belly. "It seems like baby Harry or Harriett really is quite comfortable in chateau de Lily. The baby's so high up there that he or she really lives in my chest cavity, or at least it feels that way."

"Did you try sex?" Alice whispered into the phone. Lily laughed, her belly bouncing with each laugh.

"Yes," Lily said. "James was quite thrilled with the go ahead from Dr. Marlow to 'go to town', so to speak."

"I bet," Alice said. "Franks' favorite part of the whole pregnancy. While I was huge, fat, and unattractive with heartburn and hemorrhoids, all Frank could think of doing was the deed."

"Ah, men," Lily laughed shaking her head. "But now you have little Neville in your life."

"That I do," Alice agreed tiredly. "Now, if I can just get Mother Longbottom to let me be his mother, then all would be swell."

"Be thankful you have the help," Lily reminded her gently as she looked down at her watch. "Anyways, I will talk to you when we get back from the cabin at Bear Lake, Alice. I want to get back over there to see you before this alien that lives within me hatches."

"Ah, you know Harry or Harriett can hear you dear, from within," Alice offered.

"So they say," Lily said as she knocked on her hard stomach. "Oy, you in there, this is your mother. You've over stayed your welcome. Be born." The baby within Lily kicked her hard, the movement visible through Lily's shirt.

"Anything?" Alice asked hopefully.

"Nope, just an angry kick," Lily said shrugging though Alice couldn't see her. "I guess he or she is quite comfortable."

"I know you have to go, but real quick, do you know what would be funny? If you gave birth in the woods," Alice laughed.

"Not funny, Alice," Lily laughed. "I plan on getting drugs as soon as they let me and I want a painless as possible birth."