When lily evans cries

Disclaimer: written by @the potter family

When Lily Evans Cries

Whenever Lily Evans cries, I'm there. No matter what. Whether she hates me or not. No one should ever cry alone.

You could say me and Lily didn't get off to a great start.

I first met her on the train. She had red hair. I never knew anyone with red hair. It was fascinating. She had green eyes. Yes green eyes and red hair. Who would've guessed she could be so pretty?

We were eleven.

I didn't know a thing about girls. I thought she was pretty. So I picked on her. Because that's what eleven year old boys do.

It was in Charms.

We were levitating feathers. She had gotten it on the first try. It took me seven times! She smiled bashfully when the professor praised her. Then she ducked her head and helped Peter with the wand movements. He got it immediately with her help. They both smiled brightly.

I was frustrated, I couldn't get the charm right. So I scribbled a note and flicked it onto her desk.

She picked up the parchment innocently and read it. I remember the way her eyes glistened with tears as she folded it back up and stuck it back in her bag.

It had said: "No one likes a bloody show off Evans. It's no wonder you have no friends."

I didn't sign it.

She asked to go to the lav. And then ran from the classroom. I regretted it instantly. It wasn't her fault she was good at Charms and I was rubbish at them.

When class was dismissed, her good friend, Alice picked up her bag.

As I walked by the girl's lav I heard sobbing.

I had made her cry. I ducked my head.

I was ashamed

We were twelve.

I was still clueless about girls. But Evans was even prettier. I still picked on her. But less than before. I had turned my wrath on her best friend. Severus Snape.

It was in Potions.

We were brewing potions today. Snape and Lily were both brilliant in Potions. They were partners. I was with Remus. We were right next to Lily and Snape.

Everyone's potions were brewing correctly.

By now I had realized I fancied Lily a little bit. Okay, it was more than a little bit. I adored her. Unfortunately I noticed someone else did too.

Snape.

This was the reason my wrath had been turned to him now.

I shouldn't have done it. I knew I shouldn't have. Potions can be dangerous. They ought not to be meddled with. But Lily liked him more, and that bothered me so much.

It made me mad and frustrated.

And we all know what happens when I get mad and frustrated.

"Don't worry Lily. It'll be fine. Trust me!"

"Whatever you say Sev."

Sev. It sickened me.

I should not have done it. But I did anyway. I slipped an extra ingredient into the cauldron.

Soon there was a strange smell in the classroom.

BOOM!

The cauldron had exploded.