what i'd do for world peace

disclaimer: written by siriusly klutzy

a Siriusly Klutzy story.

"So what you're saying is," I said, trying to comprehend Alice's madness, which wasn't always such an easy task, let me tell you, "if I run up to James right now and snog his brains out, we'll solve all problems relating to world peace."

Alice thought for a moment before nodding in agreement. "Theoretically, yes." She thought some more. "Yep, that's pretty much about right." She continued nodding with that look on her face like she didn't think she was the least bit mad, but everyone else thought otherwise (or at least I did).

"And you came to this conclusion how?" I asked, putting my arms out in a questioning manner and raising my eyebrows in a way that cleary stated that I believe she was a bit more unhinged than your average, everyday witch.

"Think about it, Lil," Alice explained as she slung her right arm lazily around my shoulder and used it to turn me in the direction where James and his mates were munching on lunch while discussing Quidditch strategies. "If you and James Potter can snog and be happy, than anyone can get along."

"She does have a point, Lily," Frank Longbottom put in from across the table. "I'm pretty sure you two have got the biggest rivalry in Hogwarts history."

"And you think that's my fault?" I demanded making sure to hit each of them with a stern look. "No. No way. Don't go there. He's the one who always starts things, dueling in the halls, messing with the Slytherins-"

"-because we all enjoy the Slytherin's company-" Alice snorted mordantly.

"-shut up Alice- threatening to toss first years in the lake. I have every right to dislike the brainless twit."

"But what has he done to you to make you take it personally?" Alice asked, a huge smile spreading across her face. "He's never done anything to me to make me hate him, I just act as if I do because I'm your mate and I don't think I could let you live with yourself after you've killed me."

"There was that time last year," I triumphantly answered immediately, details of that horrific event flooding my mind, "when he decided it would be a brilliant idea to dye everyone's socks scarlet and gold."

Alice rolled her eyes. "Yeah. So that the Gryffindor house could support the Quidditch team. If you recall, it was the biggest game of the year."

I scoffed. "Did I ask to have my socks dyed? I don't think so. I liked them exactly how they were. And who celebrates team spiritry on their feet, anyway?" There, I had definitely one that portion of this ridiculous fight. I crossed my arms in success.

"Who gets mad about house colored socks?" Alice countered, her sly smile returning to her already boastful face.

Yeah. Well.

I stayed silent which caused her to grin wider, and even Frank joined in this time, making me blush a deep shade of red at my own incompetence. Sure, I loved Gryffindor, and everything that had to do with it, Quidditch team included, and sure maybe I was a bit melodramatic over the whole sock thing, but when someone takes my socks without permission and applies countless amounts of irremovable dye to them, I have the right to become a little upset, right? Right?!

However, when I voiced this to Alice, she snorted. "A little upset, Lil? A little? You put that Current Spell on him and made his hair stand on end for a month straight!" She laughed. "A month, Lily!"

I grumbled, not all that thrilled that the conversation wasn't exactly going in the direction I'd like it to. "It's not like anyone could tell it was different anyway. The boy's hair is a complete mess."