the airport

disclaimer: written by books4evah

The Airport

Hurried whisperings woke Lily up. She had been peacefully sleeping, and dreaming about James, unabashedly. It had been two years since Lily, James, and all their friends had graduated from Hogwarts. James had become an auror, along with Sirius, and Lily started training to be a healer. Those were the hardest worked jobs in the wizarding world, leaving Lily and James little time to their selves. But somehow, they managed to keep up a steady relationship. Lily couldn't really see herself with anyone else. This time he proposed to her. Lily sighed, remembering the dream, and wishing the same could happen to her in reality.

Lily soon realized that it was late in the afternoon. She smiled. That was the latest she had ever slept in, in her life. But, she supposed she needed it. Groggily sitting up, and rubbing her eyes open, Lily saw that she was in James' bed. In his house. Lily spent a second wondering if she had some sleepwalking issues she had to deal with, when she remembered last night.

Lily grinned thinking back to the night before. It had been perfect! James had picked her up from her flat, at eight. They had both worn nice clothes. James had almost collapsed, seeing Lily in a black halter dress. Lily was surprised; she hadn't thought she looked that great. But James proved her wrong. Lily, on the other hand, loved how James' looked. She would never get tired of seeing James in a muggle tux. It was true, dark haired men looked very hot in tuxes.

James handed her a single white lily. Lily knew it was a cliché, that she loved her flower namesake, but she thought lilies were prettier than roses. And, she didn't like those giant bouquets much, either. James knew her so well. He had escorted her, holding his hand out, like those gentlemen in the movies, down to the alleyway, where they were apparating from. Lily knew it was cheesy, the whole hand thing, but it was a muggle thing. Wizards weren't brought up with the same etiquette as muggles, and Lily was touched James had even bothered learning the muggle ways.

The restaurant had been just gorgeous. It was a five star Italian restaurant. James had told her, that ever since the skit in seventh year, he couldn't get Italian food off his mind. Lily agreed, except, she had liked Italian food since before she could remember. The restaurant was decorated to look like a simple vineyard. It had an outside terrace (where Lily and James were dining) that was hung in grape vines. James ordered their homemade wine, which was very delicious, really.

The two were having a good time, laughing together, and bringing up memories from their years at Hogwarts. The waiters spoke Italian, and the menu was in Italian. James was utterly confused, but Lily could read everything. Lily laughed remembering James' confused expression. Lily had explained to him, that as a child, she had been obsessed with Italian food, and so learned Italian. James spent the rest of a good half hour asking her to translate words for her.

Lily had spent the rest of the night at James' house.

Nothing went wrong that time, as Lily was glad to acknowledge. Sirius had burst in once, and saw James tying his shoe. Sirius thought James was proposing. And so, he yelled, "Give him back!"

Lily rolled her eyes, remembering this. She knew she probably shouldn't stay in James bed for too long, and so flung her legs off the side of the bed. She grabbed jeans and a t-shirt, pulling them along. She'd get her shoes later.

Lily decided to sneak up on James, and so quietly opened the door, left the room, and closed it behind her. She tiptoed down the hall, and down the stairs. Right as she was going to cross the door to the living room, she heard rushed whispers.

"What do you mean you didn't do it?" asked an angry sounding female.

Lily stepped back in shock. She didn't recognize that voice. Was James cheating on her? Well... She'd have to find out.