time out

disclaimer: no idea who wrote this if u know please lmk

Lily should've realised that when her friends proposed a holiday in the Alps it was, indeed, too good to be true. As the car pulled in front of two picturesque lodges and a messy-haired young man came out to greet them, she immediately rounded on Marlene and Sirius.
"What is he doing here?" she hissed.
"His family owns the lodges," Marlene replied with a shrug. "How else could we afford to come to a place like this?"
"You tricked me!" Lily accused, glaring at Sirius and Marlene.
"We just want to have a nice holiday with everyone," Remus replied, sounding tired. "But if you have a problem with that I can drive you back to the airport and you can go home."
Lily bit her lip. "I didn't mean–"
"Yes you did," Dorcas cut in, rolling her eyes. "Can't you two try to get along? For once behave like adults, not like two unruly children."
An indignant reply already teetered on Lily's tongue but with some effort, Lily managed to swallow it. She was only getting so mad anyway because Dorcas and Remus were right – it was the painful, bitter kind of truth that sank barbs into her heart and left deep gouges in her pride.
Lily sat still as her friends got out of the car, catching her breath. Perhaps she should try to be civil with Potter. When would she get a chance like this again, to be on a trip with all her friends in such a scenic place? She wasn't so selfish that she'd ruin this for everyone.
Lily steeled herself and got out of the car, feeling all the guiltier when she noticed how James' grin faltered as his eyes met hers.

"So, where does all this luggage go?" Remus asked, lifting suitcases out of the boot of the car.
"Since there are two lodges, I thought boys could take one and us girls the other," Marlene said, shouldering her backpack.
"Sounds good to me," Dorcas agreed.
Lily accepted her suitcase from Remus with thanks.
"Go ahead," Sirius said, nudging Lily's shoulder. "James can give you a tour, right mate?"
James glanced from Sirius to Lily and offered a hesitant smile. "Sure, if Lily doesn't mind?"
"A tour sounds nice," Lily replied.
"Ah, let me carry that for you." James grabbed her suitcase.
"Thanks," Lily muttered, nodding.
"Prongs, the keys. I'll get us settled while you show Lily around," Sirius offered.
"Cheers, Padfoot," James said, digging the keys out of his pocket and tossing them to Sirius.
Then, he led Lily up the stairs and the two disappeared into the first lodge.
Marlene gave Sirius the thumbs up. Sirius threw the keys to Marlene, who grinned deviously and followed the two up to the lodge. Checking that Lily and James were inside, she locked the front door after them.
"Don't forget the padlock!" Sirius cried.
"Oh, right." Marlene fiddled with the second lock, securing the latch and then slipping the padlock in place.
Dorcas and Remus had stopped handling the suitcases, and were incredulously gaping at Sirius and Marlene.
"What're you doing?"
"Did you just lock them in the cabin?"
"You said it yourself," Marlene said. "Those two need to start behaving like adults."
"Yeah," Sirius said. "We're all tired of seeing them bicker all the time, it's time they worked through their issues."
"This isn't how to go about it!" Remus glowered at Sirius and Marlene. "This is abuse!"
"I agree. They're going to kill one another in ten minutes, tops," Dorcas said, crossing her arms.
Sirius shrugged. "If they'll try, we'll run interference."
"And how would we know to interfere?" Remus challenged.
"By keeping an eye on them," Marlene piped up. "Sirius installed a hidden camera in the front room."
Dorcas pinched the bridge of her nose. "Let me get it straight – you've locked out friends in a cabin and are also violating their privacy?"
"It's to ensure their safety," Marlene insisted. "Like CCTV."
"Except that they don't know that you're spying on them," was Dorcas' crisp retort.
"Sheesh, you make it sound like I had the whole place decked out," Sirius said. "This is a molehill, Dorcas, not a mountain. There is only one camera, and no mics whatsoever, no audio."
Remus pursed his lips and looked from Marlene to Sirius.
"I don't like this any more than Dorcas does," he said at last, "but since the harm is already done, I'll give this idiotic plan of yours two hours. After that, we'll get them out."
Dorcas' head dipped into a very stiff nod.
Sirius and Marlene grinned.