good taste

a Siriusly Klutzy story.

"Lily?"

"Yeah?"

"I think that I may possibly love you," James said. He stumbled over his words slightly.

"Really, James?"

The pair was sitting in the chair in the Common Room.

He nodded.

"Lovely," she responded.

"Lovely?"

"Yes."

"What do you mean 'lovely'?"

"Well, it's nice to be loved."

"Yes. Yes it is."

He scratched his head and looked at his girlfriend, waiting for her reply.

"Why?"

"What?"

"Why do you think you love me?"

"Well, you chose me so obviously you have good taste. What's not to love about a girl with good taste?" he asked with a grin.

She hit him in the head with her pillow.

"Wrong."

"Ow..."

"But I think I may possibly love you, too."

"Really?" His eyes lit up and his voice got higher. He cleared his throat. "I mean, really?"

"Of course."

He challenged her back.

"Why?"

"Because you're obnoxious."

"I- wait. I am not."

"Ask Drew Higby. He'll tell you." He grumbled. She laughed. "That's what you get for turning his Charms homework into a pigeon."

"He was looking at you," James said uncomfortably.

"So? Alice looks at me."

James rolled his eyes. "Not like that. He was... he was looking at your bum."

Lily laughed loudly.

"Well, I don't blame him," she commented with a smile.

"Nor do I," came the voice of Sirius Black from the boys staircase.

"Oi! You can't look at her bum." The two shifted in their chair to get the view of Sirius jumping off the railing and walking over to them.

He sat on top of the pair and messed up James's hair.

"But James, it's just so nice and firm."

James hit Sirius on the head.

"It's okay, James. You have a nice bum, too," Lily said reassuringly, but she couldn't keep a straight face. "And extremely messy, sexy hair." This time, however, she burst out into laughter.

"Yeah," Sirius agreed nonchalantly. "You'll be the parents of a very well-assed, messy-haired kid."

Lily laughed.

James shook his head. "Way to ruin the moment, Padfoot."

"Well, if you weren't so lovey-dovey all the time and paid more attention to my ass, this wouldn't be a problem."