Cookies, kisses and flour

Disclaimer: written by @EOshipper2010

Holding her breath, Lily Evans carefully counted the last few stairs. Which one squeaked again? The third one. Definitely the third one. Or was it... No. It was the third one.

She carefully tiptoed down a few more stairs. All she had to do was make sure she went from the fourth step down to the second. Steadying herself, she stepped down onto the fourth step.

It squeaked.

Fuck, damn, shitshitshit.

Not daring to shift her weight, Lily peeked over the banister and looked over at the couch. She didn't see any movement...

Forcing herself not to worry about anymore squeaks, she launched herself down the last few stairs, and nearly smashed into the front door.

She was starting to see why Sirius didn't like her tagging along for the Marauder's midnight trips to the kitchens.

Forgetting herself for a second, she sighed. Realizing her mistake, she slapped a hand to her mouth.

Yeah, she was definitely starting to see why Sirius hated her tagging along. She sucked at sneaking around.

Still, she couldn't have been too loud. After all, James still hadn't budged from the couch so obviously she hadn't woken him up...yet.

Lily quickly walked to the kitchen and slid the door shut quietly. She leaned against the door and let out a sigh of relief. She'd made it to the kitchen without waking anyone up.

Thank Mer-

"Hey, Lils."

She damn near screamed.

Choking on air, she shoved off the door and spun to face her boyfriend.

"What are you- how did you- are you trying to give me a heart attack, Potter?"

Grinning slightly, he walked over to her. "Back to Potter, are we? Silly me for thinking we were past that."

Trying not to pout, Lily walked past him and plopped onto a chair. "You scared me. I didn't think anyone was up. Why are you still awake anyways?"

"I wanted a glass of water. What about you?"

"Couldn't sleep."

He moved to sit next to her. "Let me guess, you couldn't sleep because you knew your devilishly handsome boyfriend was just down a flight of stairs simply dying to be ravished."

Lily rolled her eyes. "Funny. I didn't know Sirius was here..."

Dramatically placing a hand over his heart, James pretended to stagger and fall over. When Lily only rolled her eyes, he stopped and took her hand. "Well, c'mon then. Out with it. What's wrong?"

"Nothing really. Just couldn't stop thinking, I guess." She shrugged. "It's our last year at Hogwarts. I wish I could have stayed for Christmas, but with Voldemort gaining power... I wanted to come home."

"There's nothing wrong with that, Lils."

"I still don't get why you decided to tag along."

"We've been over this. None of the other blokes were staying and my parents are busy with work. It was either stay at Hogwarts alone for Christmas and stay with you and your family." He tilted her chin up and smiled at her. "I'm not nearly as bored or miserable here as you'd like to think." She rolled her eyes again, but was finally smiling.

"So you're enjoying doing things the muggle way, are you?"

"Well, it's certainly interesting."

She hopped of the chair and grabbed his hand. "Well, come on then. You're going to help me."