I dont like strawberries

A/N thank you sm for 1k readsssss ily guys

Disclaimer: written by @Leigh A. Sumpter

You have got to be kidding me!" Sirius Black exclaimed, bursting into laughter.

"I am not!" James Potter protested, looking to his other friends for help. "I'm telling the truth this time. Don't any of you believe me?"

Remus Lupin and Peter Pettigrew exchanged looks, before Remus sighed. "We want to believe you, James, but we all know how this is going to end."

"The same way it did last time," Peter piped up, still proud to be among the coolest Gryffindors in the entire school. "And the time before that!"

Sirius grinned. "The day you give up chasing Lily is the day I give up being incredibly good-looking," he said, running a hand through his hair in a way that made girls swoon.

"Well, say goodbye to your incredible good looks," James told him, smiling at his friend, "because this time I am honestly, 100 percent, without a doubt, dead certain that I am over Lily Evans."

"And how did you come to this conclusion?" Remus asked, genuinely curious. Just a few months ago, James had kept him up all night talking about the pretty redhead and exactly how he felt about her. How could James completely eradicate her from his mind in such a short time?

"It wasn't too hard, actually," James responded, his expression growing somewhat smug. "When I found out she's going to be Head Girl, I realized I had to end things."

"End what?" Sirius laughed. "You two were never even together!"

"We were once!" James crossed his arms defiantly. "You know, that one time. Last year at Christmas."

"I hate to tell you, Prongs, but that was just because there was mistletoe," Remus reminded him. "It could have been anyone."

"I'll have you know, Moony, that it was she who kissed me," James retorted, wishing his friends would stop making him doubt his convictions. "Besides, you didn't let me finish what I was saying. I realized that if we're going to be working alongside each other this year, I'm just going to have to let Lily know that it's over. I'm done waiting for her."

"I'll believe that when I see it," Sirius muttered, winking at his fellow Marauders. "So, mate, how do you plan to keep her off your mind if you're constantly going to be together next year?"

"There are other fish in the sea, Padfoot," James asserted. "I'll have the freedom to go out with any girl in school now! Besides, in case I ever do start thinking of Lily, I've devised a plan."

"A plan?" Remus raised his eyebrows.

Peter clapped his hands together. "A plan!" he cried out in excitement. "Tell us, James."

James shrugged. "Well, you see, I've composed a list," he told his friends, "in my head. It's basically a list of reasons why I can't be with her. All of the things about her that I can't stand."

The three other Marauders burst out laughing.

"What's so funny about that?" James demanded.

Remus hesitated before responding. "You've been infatuated with her for years," he reasoned. "How many things about Lily could you possibly detest?"

"Well," James replied, "for one thing, there's her hair."

"Her hair?"

James nodded.