Meet the mother (part 1)

Okay y'all are insaneeeeee! 2 thousand views aghhhh ily guys this short story is done in a two shot btw

Disclaimer: written by @PenonPaperFingersonKeys

Three Broomsticks
(12:21)

Felicity Potter sighed wearily, leaning back into the stiff wooden seat that she had been occupying for the last twenty minutes at the Three Broomsticks. Unfortunately, she knew her son and his best mate well enough to know that she would have to wait until it was at least forty-five minutes after the agreed meeting time before they finally turned up.

Nonetheless, it didn't prevent her from being punctual. She was perfectly aware that she looked rather silly sitting at a table by herself doing nothing at all. Well, apart from checking her watch every so often. Hogwarts students milled in and out of the popular dining location and Felicity amused herself by watching them on their dates (either having a good time or an awful one) or laughing about with friends. For a moment she considered asking a petite looking Ravenclaw to her left if she knew James Potter before deciding against it. James had explicitly warned her in the letter that she received a few days ago (alerting her to the fact that they did have a Hogsmeade weekend and reluctantly telling her that they could meet up at the Three Broomsticks) not to talk to anybody. The theatrics that he would exhibit if he turned up to see her talking to a Hogwarts student would be amusing, but entirely not worth it.

Felicity Potter could really only be described as a 'cool mum.' She and James often engaged in prank wars against one another and (most of the time) she let him get away with blue murder. She never pressured him to do well in school, although he did brilliantly anyway, and she usually just laughed when McGonagall sent a letter home. Some would say she had too much trust in her son, but they were wrong. She trusted him, but it wasn't really about trust. She just knew what would happen if she was hard on James all the time; he'd end up resenting her as she did her own mother.

She, unfortunately, did not have a mother as lenient as James did. Growing up, she'd been forced to behave in Proper Pureblood Fashion - until she met Daniel Potter at Hogwarts - a rebellious, outspoken and mischievous prat for whom she discarded all her pureblood etiquette and happily agreed to marry.

Unfortunately (for her parents anyhow), as a result of this defiance against her traditional family, in addition to further corruption from Daniel and her own free nature, Felicity Potter became a rather different woman from Felicity Dearborn. Where Felicity Dearborn was polite, well-mannered and obedient, Felicity Potter was often bordering rude, impish, blunt and stubborn - and had consequently raised her son to be. On numerous occasions, Felicity had slapped Daniel upside the back of his head for 'no reason' when James did something wrong and accused him of passing down terrible genes. They both knew that, in reality, James had picked up most of his character flaws from her.

Although, the 'character flaws' were primarily described as 'endearing quirks' for Felicity and James both. Somehow, the two of them managed to pull off arrogant, insolent and generally infuriating better than anybody else.

Felicity smiled slightly, raising the butterbeer glass to her lips. Her and Daniel really were the worst parents. But despite the fact that James was an annoying little brat, he was a good kid at heart- and that was all that mattered.

Felicity sighed, looking down at her watch. She knew that she really should have just turned up late; it was better than sitting in a bar crowded with young children (who were by comparison making her look extremely old) and feeling like she was being stood up on a date! The woman rested her head against the table top for a moment, revelling in the peace of the moment.

Unfortunately, it was too quickly interrupted.

"I bloody hate James Potter!" Felicity - mother of said James Potter- sat up quickly, eyeing the two girls that took a seat at the table beside her. The redhead girl sighed, crossing her arms over her chest; she was evidently the one who had made such a violent proclamation about James. An infuriated scowl rested on her face.