cuddling

disclaimer: written by Natifcs28

Bliss.

Heaven.

Perfect.

Lily Evans sighed contentedly. Cuddling. How many guys liked to cuddle? It really was a rather girly sort of thing, cuddling. Snuggling.

Every girl knows that it's nearly impossible to get a guy to cuddle with you on his own. The girl always has to give him that "Cuddle Me" look, and burrow herself closer to him.

Huh. Men.

She popped one eye open to look at the man whose arms were holding her. She smiled, resisting the urge to giggle. It had been such a long time coming, this moment here.

In his bed.

In his room.

That he shared with four other guys.

Ah. Problem. Now she'd have to crawl out of her warm, cozy haven and sneak out before his mates returned. Blast.

I would rather die than get up right now, Lily groaned mentally. And she probably would've stayed—honestly, she didn't care if his mates found out about them. Actually, they would probably keep it quiet. It was their other roommate that worried her.

No matter which way you turned it, it was simply not right for Head Girl and Head Boy to be sleeping together. Or at least, to be caught sleeping together. (Because of course there's a difference.)

"Hey," she whispered, not wanting to wake him up but at the same time not wanting to just leave. "I've gotta go."

"Hmmrrh."

Her shoulders shook with laughter. "That means you've got to let me go."

"Harjuh."

She slowly slid his arms off of her and started sliding towards edge of the bed. She was just about there when his strong, manly arms—courtesy of Quidditch—dragged her back toward him.

"Who said you could leave?" he asked with a sleepy voice.

"But your roommates will return soon. I need to leave before then."

"Whatever for?" He opened his eyes to slits. "They won't care."

"James, we're—"

"Yes. Bloody Head Boy and Girl. I bloody know, thanks."

She sighed. "Won't Marcus say anything? This can't get out."

"I've got dirt on him. I'm not above blackmailing him if you'll just stay." He winked at her and smiled. "I've gotten somewhat attached."

Lily laughed but shook her head. "Come on, Potter. Let me get up."

He gave her a hurt, puppy dog look. "A guy hounds a girl for years and finally he's got into her pants and the first thing she wants to do is jump out of bed? And they say men are insensitive."

She swatted at him with the back of her hand and turned so that they were face to face. "It's not that I want to go. I just don't trust Marcus. And I don't think I could look Remus in the face ever again. Black will never end the taunting and teasing and innuendo—"

"I promise you, they already know," James said into her hair. "The fact that none of them have returned is fishy."

"You don't have some fruity method of letting each other know when to come in, do you?" she asked with disgust. "I'd better not find a tie hanging on the doorknob, Potter."

He rubbed his nose against hers. "Go check if you think you must."

"No. If you say you don't, I trust you."