They Reject You -Ben

Ben: 

Ben is a very, very sweet man. His heart is big and always has been, you never thought he could be so brutal when rejecting someone. especially not you. 

Today was supposed to be a great day, you had things planned out, you had talked to Allison, and Klaus who had both encouraged you to do this. Now here you were in your room, building up the nerve to confess your feelings to him. Ben. your best friend. 

You're heart was pounding,and you began to try and talk yourself out of it; even though you knew you needed to do it. 

"Ok (y/n), here we go, you're gonna find him and sit him down. Then You're going to lead it with how amazing he is as a friend and then go into how you think he would be an equally great boyfriend." you said nodding before exiting the room. As you went down the hall, Allison and Klaus popped out of their doorways to shoot you thumbs up. you just nodded shakily and mouthed thank you to them both. 

You slowly inched towards his door. You didn't bother knocking knowing that it was just how you and him were with each other. there he sat a book in his hands and his black jacket on. he was so damn cute. 

"You know, staring is considered ruse." he says breaking you from your trance like state. you jumped at the sound of his voice, and he chuckled setting his book aside so he could look at you. "Sorry, i uh. I just want to tell you something that has been on my mind for so long. " you said. 

he pats the spot next to him his eyes filled with concern. "What's wrong (y/n)?" he asked before taking your hand reassuringly rubbing circles over your knuckles. you sighed."Alright I'm just going to come out and say it." you said. "Ben I'm in love with you, and have been for a while now.  you ended up just completely throwing your plan out the window, and going for it. 

Ben was shocked to say the least. his mind got foggy for a moment tying to process your words. He didn't realize how long he had been thinking until he saw tears in your eyes and you getting up to leave. 

"No, No wait. I'm sorry (y/n) just let me talk. listen to me please." he pleaded. you turned to look at him, with a scared expression and one of slight hope. 

you sat down next to him again, and hold eye contact searching for some sign of hope. "(y/n), look I didn't mean to give you hope by asking you to stay and listen. I wanted to tell you, I didn't love you. You know, I just don't love you at all that way. I didn't mean to give you false hope, i just thought you should hear it and not just assume by the way i looked." he said. His voice sympathetic but  he was obliviously brutal. 

"Ok, I get it. I'm gonna go. I'll let you finish reading, thanks for the clarity." you said calmly. "I am sorry." he said again before offering a sad smile. "It's fine Ben. I'm fine." you said before walking away making sure to close his door. 

you speed walk back to your room. Allison, and Klaus once again look into the hall to see you walking as fast as you could. Looking at each other they sighed and went after you. 

you got to your room and fell onto the bed, embarrassed and hurt. You never thought someone so kind could be so heart breaking. you stared up at the ceiling until two people blocked your view. you couldn't hold it back and began to cry. Klaus lied next to you and held you tightly while Allison closed your door and sat back next to you. 

"I didn't know being in love could hurt so bad, even if it is one sided." you hiccup. Sitting up with Klaus you get tissues from by your bed side and blow your nose, and grabbed a new one for your tears. 

"I'm sorry, love.. but you'll get better, and find someone new who's even better than Ben. I promise." Allison said stroking your hair. "She's absolutely right (y/n), you'll fin somebody one day who will love you entirely. I'll be the maid of honor and everything will be great." this causes you to laugh and nod. "I love you both so much and I can't wait for you to be my maid of honor Klaus. You'll look absolutely beautiful." you said back; making them smile as well.