First Fight-Klaus

Klaus: you knew that Klaus had his problems with drugs and alcohol. His fair share of demons followed him. Ghosts from his past and ghosts that have tormented him for as long as he can remember.he turned to the drugs and alcohol to suppress his powers. 

But when he made promises he never kept them. He promised to be there for you on your birthday, he promised to come home to you every night. He promised you that every morning you would wake up and he'd be by your side. He promised to never forget your anniversary. He promised to show you he loved you everyday. He promised to clean up for you. He promised he would never break his promises. 

There you sat on the couch. Your head in your hands and your eyes red and cheeks coated in eyeliner. You looked at the clock repeatedly keeping track of the time. It felt like an eternity sitting there scared out of your mind that he wasn't coming home.. you were tired of him breaking his promises over and again. There was no doubt in your heart that you loved Klaus with everything you had but you were starting to doubt his love for you. He never showed up for you when you time and time again showed up for him. 

It was your birthday and you didn't want a party, you just wanted a simple movie night with Klaus. He said he was going to get some snacks and he never came home... still you sat and waited for him scared out of your mind that he may be dead somewhere or just getting high out of his mind and couldn't get home. You were in agony waiting on him.. All you could do was stare at the ground and slowly the anger started to burn through your veins. 

Suddenly you heard the door knob start to jiggle violently. You knew it was Klaus because whenever he got so drunk and high he could barely unlock the door. He even had to knock and call for you to open the door. Not this time.. 

"(Y/n), babe, could you come open the door for me! I can't do it!" You could hear the pout in his voice. You just stayed in your place and didn't answer. "C'mon I know you're there.. I know you are.. you're such a downer sometimes.. let me in and take care of me just like you always do, we can go to bed and cuddle.. maybe have some fun of our own.." he states suggestively. 
You still stand your ground, not letting his charm break you this time. 

"Ugh! Fine then I'll do it myself. I don't need you!" He shouted. Jiggling the door handle one last time he finally got in. Just as he got in he almost tripped over the rug. Still you sat unmoving, silent, not looking his way once. You didn't realize tears had begun to flood your eyes and droplets stuck to your eyelashes. 

You didn't hear him stumble through the apartment looking for you. You didn't hear him call for you. You didn't hear the fear and urgency as he couldn't find you. 
You didn't notice anything until he called your name seemingly slightly sober. He took in your state and began his careful walk towards you doing his best to sober up just for you. 
He finally found his seat next to you, and noticed tears collecting in your hands that now lied in your lap. 

"(Y/n).. what's wrong? What happened?" He asks, placing a hand on your leg gently rubbing circles with his thumb. You didn't pull away but it did make you cry harder knowing he had no clue what he had done. He had no clue what he did affected you so much. 

"My birthday happened. You went out to get "snacks'' and promised you'd be home soon. You promise and promise.. all i get is the shattered pieces of those promises." You said. He starts to speak but notices you aren't done. "You told me that you would come home to me every night, and I'd wake up with you every morning. Your promise to Remember birthdays and anniversaries. You promised to clean up for me.. you promised to keep promises." Your voice broke as you spoke. 

You looked up at him with a broken expression. He stares at you in realization and guilt. "I'm sorry (y/n), I'm so sorry.. please I swear I'll get better.. i know I fucked up.. i'm sorry I never came home, I didn't know that I was going to go off for so long. I thought it would just be a quick hit and then coming home. I'm sorry. I understand your anger but please.. I love you.." he said reaching for your hand. 

"Klaus I'm sorry.. but please leave.. I don't want to be hurt anymore. I can't take it. I love you.. but I can't do this.. please don't make this hard.." you begged him. 
His eyes widened and you could practically hear his stained glass heart break. His lip began to tremble, and his eyes filled with tears. 
"No, no, no, no. You can't do this. Please. I need you more than air to breathe i need you more than water to never go thirsty. I need your love to keep me alive.. please. I'm so sorry, I know I messed up. Just don't make me leave, i have nowhere to go besides the academy and you know how much it scares me. Please don't make me leave.." he cries to you. 

You turn away from him and walk down the hallway. You could hear his cries as you grabbed pillows and sprayed some perfume on them just for him. "Klaus, please just go. I know it's scary but it's scary here too. So just let me have time for once. Without worrying if you're dead in a ditch or your with some other girl/boy
Or completely forgetting every plan we had together to go get drunk and high. Just go please. Here take these I'll drive you." You said. 

Grabbing your keys and purse, you head out towards the car to see Klaus and most likely Ben. The pillows were on his lap and a joint in one hand sticking out of the window
Great something else to make you squirm. 

Getting in the car you turned the ignition,and your heart sped up as you drove quickly. The silence was awkward and tense but you made it there in record time seeing the time on the clock. Yet you could've sworn time was dragging on for years.

You both sat there in the car, the silence was agonizing. You give him a look and he could see the hurt in your eyes.. but you could see his hurt too.. his guilt..
it pained you too much to let this go on anymore. You couldn't stand broken promises, practically a loveless home.. the only time you felt comfort is when Klaus was home and as sober as he could be. But it's never that way anymore. He's just gone and gone, it's heartbreaking. You love him but you can't let his habits hurt you anymore. You've tried to help but it never works. 

Hesitantly you see him move closer to you. His hand touches your face and you instinctively lean into his touch. He leans further until his lips graze yours and your eyes flutter close and you sigh. He presses his lips to yours firmly before pulling away.

He gets out of the car and gives one last look. "I'm sorry (y/n).." 
"I know..I hope you’ll be ok. I love you Klaus."