They Reject You- Vanya

Vanya:
You adored Vanya, you thought she was the most beautiful woman you'd ever met. Her heart was warm and her smile was so beautiful. Her love for violin, and appreciation for music. The way she spoke: so soft, so kind. Her want to help her family. Despite the way they treated her she loved them.. 
These are all things that made you fall in love with Vanya Hargreeves. 

You had decided at this moment you would confess to her. She had just finished playing a song for you, she was really excited to show you. You saw a rare smile spread across her face and it made you beam with joy. 
You stood up from your chair and clapped for her. "That was beautiful Vanya absolutely beautiful." You said pulling her into a hug. He laughed softly and hugged back. "Thanks (y/n), I'm glad you liked it." She said. 

For a few seconds you held her gaze. This is it. It's your time, just do it. 
Vanya had stepped away and sat down taking a breath. You took a deep breath as well and sat next to her. 
She looked at you and saw the nervous look on your face. Her expression became slightly concerned "(y/n), what's wrong?" She asked, placing her hand gently on your wrist. 

Looking at her you felt your heart beat pick up. "Vanya, I really need to tell you something." You said. Although your voice came out softer than you hoped. 
"You can tell me anything." She said. 

You nodded.. "I don't want this to change anything between us.. but if it does know that I'm so sorry... Vanya I'm in love with you.." you said. 
You held your breath and you could feel your heart in your throat as you awaited her answer. 
"U-u-uh um.. (y/n), I'm really sorry but I just.. i don't feel the same way." She stuttered out. Her voice was shaky and you could tell she was flustered. 
You let out the breath you were holding and felt your heart just plummet. 
"Ok, it's ok Vanya you don't need to apologize." You said.
"Are you gonna be ok (y/n)? I really hope we can still be friends.." she said. You felt tears prick your eyes. "Im gonna be just fine V. Really I am.. I'm just gonna need a few days." You said. You got up from where you were sitting, grabbed your things and gave Vanya a weak, watery smile. She sighed and stood up to say goodbye. 
"Ok (y/n), i'll-uh-i'll be right here when you're ready.. goodbye.." she said, giving you a hug. You stiffened slightly at the touch, but still hugged her back lightly trying to hold back your tears. 
You opened and closed the door as quickly as you could. Once you exited the building you felt the cold breeze dry the tears on your cheeks. You decided to walk around the city for a while not wanting to go back to your apartment and sulk. Your cheeks and nose were red from the cold air and from how much you had cried. 
"I guess this is what it's like to be lonely again..."