Diego imagine

Diego's scar was always something that you loved about him. Whenever you two would lay together you would gently trace it with your finger telling him how cool you thought it was. It was just another night of waiting for Diego to come home. You worried for him so much, you never knew if he would come home half dead or with a few scrapes. 

He did always come home to you though, which is something that is most appreciated.

Just as you began to worry even more thinking he may be dead in the street somewhere he walked through the door. It wasn't usual to see him in such good condition.  he didn't have any tears in his shirt, no blood anywhere. He was insanely pristine compared to his usual state. 

"Diego, are you ok? You seem unusually pristine." you say with one eyebrow raised. Getting up from the bed you walked over to him, a grin spread across his face and he suddenly picked you up and spun you around.  His laugh rung through the room along with yours. 

"I'm really good (y/n). I got to everyone soon enough and i only got  few bruises but they were easy to take down. Everyone is safe." he smiled brightly at you a genuine smile you had never seen after any mission he'd gone on.  Your face lit up at his expression and you pulled him in for a kiss, he grunted in pain when you held him too tight. 

You pulled away immediately but he just shook his head and pulled you back in whispering against your lips. "It's not bad, don't worry."  before pressing his lips back to yours. You pulled away once more and shook your head. "Nope c'mon let me see it." you stated. Reluctantly he pulled off his gear and lifted his shirt.  A big purple and blue bruise covered a large portion of his torso and you sighed.  gently tracing your fingers along it as to not hurt him. "At least it's not as bad as it could have been but still you have to take it easy. Let's get you ready for bed babe." you say. helping him with his shirt so he doesn't strain himself too much. Once he's comfortable you both go to lie down.  

"You know.. I never thank you enough for taking care of me. I'm sorry." his voice was soft as he held your waist. His head rested against your stomach as you swirled soft patterns against his shoulder. You could feel him gently tug your shirt up to place a kiss on your stomach.  You looked down at him. "The way you love me is more than enough of a thank you. Plus I love taking care of you and I know you would do the same for me." You said. 

"You know I would.." he said. You raised your hand to run through his short hair, and as usual tenderly traced your fingers along his scar. "Well I guess You don't have injuries enough to leave a new scar..  That's ok I'm just insanely happy that you're not hurt too badly. Also no other scar you get could ever be as cool as this one. " You voiced quietly. 

You felt his body shake as he laughed. "You're adorable did you know that?" he asked playfully.  "No sir I did not. I'm only told so. Now did you know that you look really hot with this scar of yours?" You responded. He looked up at you with those beautiful brown eyes. "No ma'am I did not. I'm only told so. " he reflects your words. You giggle softly. "Well I think you should know that the scar isn't the only thing that makes you the most beautiful man I've ever met. " You paused as he stared at you lovingly. "Your eyes, and that genuine smile only I get to see, the way you care for the people around you. How your heart feels beating against mine, the way that your hands are rough but I know they are where mine belong. The way you laugh at all the stupid jokes I make, the way you make me laugh with all of the stupid jokes you make. All of you. You're beautiful Diego. Scars and all." You say to him. Looking into his eyes they had welled up with tears and he unwound himself from you. Sitting up he slightly leans over you, a look of pure love in his eyes.  

"I'm not good with words so all I can say is that You've changed my life, and I love everything about you. every single little detail. You're beautiful (y/n)." He said before leaning his forehead against yours gingerly. For a while you both stayed like that breathing each other's air, and basking in the love that surrounded you both. It was pure, something you've never had with anyone else.  

Scars don't matter, a bad past doesn't matter. Being so in love. So purely in love is the only thing you'll ever need.