1

" shit" I thought as I entered my classroom. I had forgotten that Mr. garner my maths teacher said that we would be getting a test today.I might as well ditch class I didn't study nor did I remember anything he had thought for the past month.

It would be just a one time thing, I wont do this again. I thought as I gripped my bag strap and turning on my heel to my favorite spot at school,the library.

I often found myself at this place during free periods it's my go too spot . And luckily for me not many people go their ,obviously.Mrs brown the old librarian was like a mother to me even though I already had one.

Sighing I started to make my way to the library careful not to let Mr. Anderson the principal see me,who was patrolling the halls. Making my way to the library I hummed my favorite song good days by sza,I was obsessed with her songs and her.She was my favorite artists and most of my playlist were songs she made.

" I'll fucking kill you xav " I heard as a passed the chemistry lab a few blocks away from the library.

"Empty treats John you know you can't touch me I fucking own so shut the fuck up or I will do it for you " I heard someone reply.

" As I was saying before you interrupted me your sister is going to be fine , the los mentos wouldn't fucking dare hurt her they're just trying to put a face to the muerte gang " I gasped as they said that my heart pounded out of my chest I felt bile rise in my throat my hands started sweated I bolted to the library.

"Who the fuck was that " I heard as I sprinted to the library . I ran through the doors , the library quickly closing it behind me . I took a quick intake of breath there was a lump in my throat I knew if I didn't calm down now I would have a panic attack . I started doing some of the breathing exercises my doctor thought me.

Slowly I felt myself relaxing , but the fear was still there . I should probably explain why I'm running like my life depended on it,cause it does . Maybe if you don't watch the news are follow up with criminal activity in this country you wouldn't know . But muerte is spanish for death it wasn't the name that scared me so much it was the person that represented the name.

Few years ago a mysterious fire started in the local high school of Jackison villa high where 35 students were killed I know what your thinking the person that did that got life in prison. But no, the police ruled it out as an accident , you're probably wondering how that concerns me when it's the other side of the world .

my best friend's cousin was one of the students so Mia being the curios person that she is decided to conduct a investigation,I tried to stop her but she wouldn't listen

" The police aren't doing anything about it vee I can't watch my mom break down in front if me every night . Plus everybody knows it's the muerte gang that did it anyway " she had said .

That was 1 year ago, the first something happened to us was when me and Mia had came home from the library where we had spent all day researching the muerte gang . We had made it home very late, we were walking home cause none of us owned a car.

I was scared out of my mind but Mia helped , she talked about my first party experience back when we were in high school. Mia was always the outgoing one that went to parties and had boyfriends . I'm more of a bookworm type of girl and the only boyfriend I ever had was my cat tommy .

As I was saying I went to that party with Mia and got super drunk and vomited on the most popular guy at school Jason hart , the star quarterback of mist grave high school , the richest guy at school well you know the rest. I had a crush on him since kindergarten when he shared is pencil with me so you would imagine my horror the next day waking up in his room.

" you hear that " Mia said distracting me from my fantasy of Jason hart, " what" I replied looking around ." It's probably nothing , let's hurry though." she replied speeding up her walking. ( they're neighbors ) when I opened the door I screamed as I saw STOP ARE YOU'LL BE NEXT I saw written on the kitchen walls written in blood I screamed again when I saw my dead cat body on the kitchen table.

After that I begged Mia to drop the case she was doing I was scared out of my mind . A few months later Mia moved away to her aunt in Canada because her mum passed away . I missed her a lot but I knew she would be safe I never got any treats after that . So you can understand my reaction to the gang name.

Yours truly
Maliyaforlife