Ch 4 🍏

I opened the 3rd door going down a long hallway for Holland

I opened the 3rd door going down a long hallway for Holland. Emma did such a great job decorating the room for Holland. The room was grey and yellow with fresh sunflowers everywhere even the comforter was a mix of white, grey, and yellow.

"Oh my, are you trying to keep me forever? I love this room and sunflower are my favorites how did you know?" She asked smiling.

I chuckle. "I assure you I didn't but my sister fixed this room up yesterday for you she deserves all of the credit."

"I will have to thank her whenever I meet her." she smiles.

"Oh, she will be back for sure. Would you like to go downstairs and grab some lunch? Then I can take you around on the ranch." I offer.

"Sure sounds good but I would like to freshen up a little bit first please." She said.

"Sure when you come back downstairs the first doorway on the right is the kitchen just find me," I said.

"Ok, thanks so much Worth." She smiles.

I walk downstairs hearing talking coming from the kitchen. Boy, she is a beautiful woman. Nothing like her red fiery hair and bright green eyes.

Walking into the kitchen my brothers are sitting around the table and Clara is standing at the kitchen sink.

Holland walks into the doorway and smiles. "Sorry to interrupt."

"Oh your not interrupting at all. These here are my brothers that's Dustin, Emerson, and Chad. This here is my farm help Roger and his wife who cooks the most amazing meals, Clara."

"Nice to meet you all." She smiles.

"Same here." Chad smiles and winks.

"Hey, Chad knock that shit off. Ms. Kane is here to do business." I said.

"Please call me Holland." She smiled.

I pull out a seat for her beside me while Clara places plates in front of everyone with hot ham and cheese sandwiches and French fries.

"Thank you, Clara." Holland smiled in her direction.

"They didn't feed you on that fancy jet?" I smirked at her.

"You have a jet?" Chad asked.

"Sure if you work hard enough when you grow up you might have one too." She giggled and the whole room laughed.

"Oooh, she burnt you!" Dustin hit the table with his hand and laughed.

I smiled over at her. "I like your style Holland but guys look her up Glamour Global she built that from the ground up and that's what hard work gets you."

Well... Holland clears her throat. "I'm sure that running a ranch isn't easy and I don't want to sweat making money as yall do."

"She said yall! She cant be from New York!" Emerson said.

"Nope, I'm from a small town in Tennessee can't forget your roots ever." She smiled.

"Amen." They all said.

After lunch, I decided to take Holland outside and over to the barn.

"We have lots of farm animals but some of the horses have been around since I was a boy," I said.

"Really?" Holland lights up. "I love horses growing up I had a good friend who had a horse and she let me ride him."

We walked up to a big beautiful black horse. "This here is Max and he is a pretty gentle old guy. And this here is flash he was my horse growing up and you can guess why his name." I laugh.

"You love comic books?" She asked.

"For sure and you can pet him," I said.

Holland reaches out and rubs down his mane and talks aby talk to him. "You're a pretty boy arent you? Yes, you are." She said.

"And this ole gal right here is Daisy," I said.

"Let me guess." She giggles... "Emmas horse?"

I laugh... "Yeah, you got it."

"And this one here on the end won't let no one touch him and his name is Rex," I said.

"After T-Rex?" She giggles.

I chuckle... "We were kids and dad always got us our own horse but yeah this is Chads but he can't do anything with him."

Holland walks over to where Rex was and starts baby talking to him. "Chad just doesn't know how to talk to you huh?" she said.

The old horse walks closer to her and nudges his nose out. She lets him sniff her hand. "Chad isn't calm like I am is he? Or as smart." She giggles.  She reaches in and scratches the old horse on the head.

"Well, I'll be damn. That has never happened I need to get a picture." I laugh.

"Would you like an apple pretty boy?" She said. Rex gently takes the apple from her watching her. She leans closer to the fence and scratches more of his head.

Chad walks up smiling. "How in the hell did you do that?"

Holland continued to rub his head. "I'm prettier and smarter than you Chad. Tell him, Rex. You are just a baby yes you are." She said.

She turns and winks toward the brothers. "And that boys is how you wrap someone around your finger. How do you think I made all my money?" She giggled.

"You are something else Holland." I grin.

"I'm kidding I've just always been good with animals and at one point in life I thought I wanted to be a vet." She said.

"Well, you would have made a good one for sure. So are you ready? We will get on the side by side and I'll take you around the ranch to have a look-see." I said.

"Sure Worth that would be great." She scratches Rex again on the head and walks away.

We load up in the side by side and go all over the ranch stopping at the apple orchard and Holland inspects some apples.

"Grab you one and have a taste," I tell her.

Holland grabs a big green one. "I hope it's sour because I love sour apples."

"Oh, it will almost give you lockjaw." I laugh.

She hands me an apple and bites into hers and makes a face.

I laugh so hard I belly laugh. "Wow, now that was a face."

She shoves her elbow into me. "Hey, it's really really sour."

"Umm, you got a little bit on your face." I chuckle.

Holland rubs her hand over her face. "Did I get it?"

I laugh again... "No, you didn't. May I?"

"Go ahead." she laughs.

"Its actually in different places." My big hand comes at her face and wipes it off her eyelash.

"Oh my gosh, how in the world." She laughs.

"Wait there is more." I take my thumb and wipe it off of her chin and the corner of her mouth. As my thumb rubs it off of her mouth Holland gets lost in my eyes and I can't help but stare back into her big green eyes.

I clear my throat... "There I got it all off. You city girls sure are messy." I laugh.