Ch 5 🍏

The rest of the day we spent inspecting fruit and riding around the ranch

The rest of the day we spent inspecting fruit and riding around the ranch. Around 5 pm Worth decides to call it a day and we head in for dinner. Everyone was around the table waiting when we walked in.

"Good your all here. Dinner is ready and we have country fried steak with gravy and all the fixings come join us." Clara said.

"Thank you so much it all looks delicious," I said.

"Oh, she spoils us as you wouldn't believe. She was my baby sitter growing up and she just stayed around." Worth said.

"I love these kids so much. I've helped raise all of them while their parents worked." Clara said.

"I just love that," I said.

"Tell us about your folks," Clara asks.

"Umm well..." I said.

"That's a long story Clara she might not want to tell us." Worth interrupts.

"Its ok Worth but thank you. My mother is a drug addict and my father I never knew and at the age of 11 my Aunt Shelly took myself and my brother in and raised us to be who we are today." I said.

"Oh, sweetie is she in New York with you?" Clara asked.

"No Aunt Shelly is in Tennessee but my brother he lives in New York and he works at my company he's our lawyer," I said.

"Is your mother still alive?" Chad asks.

"I really couldn't tell you but I assume so. A few years ago she called wanting money and I offered to pay for rehab but she wouldn't take it." I shrug.

"Wow that's horrible but thank God for people like your Aunt Shelly that she would take you both in." Worth said.

"Oh she's a godsend and I plan to go see her soon it's just been too long," I said.

"I love these boys as if they were my own and I would like to spank them sometimes too." Pointing her fork at Chad.

I can't help but giggle.

"I can't believe you touched Rex he has never let anyone pet him or brush him," Dustin said.

"He just likes baby talk and he's not mean like you guys think. I'll try again tomorrow if you don't mind." I smile.

"Help yourself girl!" Chad laughs.

After dinner, the guys go into the living room while I stay behind in the kitchen to help Clara.

"Oh sweetie you are a guest you don't need to be helping me," Clara said.

"Dishes isn't above me Clara and I really don't mind helping you." I smile.

"You are nothing like I thought when I saw your picture online. I thought you would be a snooty little city snot." Clara laughs.

I burst out laughing... "I don't think I've ever been called that before but I do try to be humble and not flashy and show my money unless I need to."