Ch 13 🍏

When we walk into the kitchen its quiet

When we walk into the kitchen its quiet. "It's about time yall come down here." Chad snorts.

"We were going over the contract before she leaves genius." Worth said.

"Well, I didn't hear any talking just slurping." Chad picks.

Clara clears her throat. "Ok, that's enough now leave them alone. Its none of your business either way."

I smile at her. "Thanks, Clara! I am so going to miss your cooking."

"I will miss you too sweetie. It's nice not being the only woman in the house. Hopefully, you will come back soon." She winks.

"I would love to bring my brother and Sid here sometime. Derrick would love it here." I said.

My phone starts ringing. "Sorry guys excuse me."

I walk into another room and answer my phone. "Hey, Derrick! What's up? Yeah, I'm leaving here in a few hours. Ok, I'll text you when I make it home. Yeah, I've had a blast I even watched a horse give birth last night. Ok, love you too bye.

Worth smiles drinking his coffee. She sounded like an excited little kid but I bet she doesn't tell him about our make-out session. Man, that was fun.

"Sorry, guys my brother the worrywart wanted to know if I had left yet. Worth can I go say bye to Rex and see the colt?" I ask.

"Sure let's go." He takes another sip of his coffee and we head outside.

"Yup he's in love." Chad laughs. "I swear there was no talking just slurping."

"Leave it alone Chad." Emerson scowls at him. "He hasn't been happy for a long time so if they like each other so what? She's awesome and did you see the smile on his face? For once he's happy."

Dustin sips his coffee. "Just sit back and watch it unfold."

I am rubbing Rex and telling him to be a good boy for Worth and I'll see him again soon. Worth walks over with an apple. "Here you try to feed it to him and baby talk," I said.

Wort rolls his eyes. "I don't know if I can baby talk."

"Just try it for me please," I ask.

"Fine! Hey Rex! Do you want an apple? Who's a good boy?" Rex nudges his hand.

"Now give him the apple." I smile.

Worth hands him the apple. "Good boy Rex. Can I scratch your head like Holland does?"

Rex leans his head to the side looking at Worth before allowing him to pet him. "Good boy Rex! That's such a good boy!" He rubs the side of his face.