Ch 22 🍏

Arriving at work a little while later we walk hand and hand into the building

"Morning Travis! I smile.

"Moring Ms. Kane... Sir." He smiled.

Stepping on the elevator I let out a deep breath. Worth looks over at me. "It's going to be alright and hell we are adults right?"

"Right." I smile over at him.

Worth leans in and kisses my lips. "It's going to be fine." He squeezes my hand as the door opens and Sidney is sitting at her desk and looks up and smiles at us.

"Morning Guys! Fresh coffee and doughnuts are in the conference room." She said.

I take my stuff to my desk and pick up some papers that I need and head to the conference room with Worth following behind me.

"Yummy!" Worth picks up a doughnut. "This tastes great."

I pick up a blueberry filled doughnut and grab two coffees.

The door swings and Derrick walks in. "Morning guys! Ready to go over some paperwork?"

"Morning Man!" Worth manages to spit out with his mouth full of doughnut.

"Hey, Holls we got a few things to go over, and then I'll leave you two alone," Derrick said.

Sidney burst through the door. "Sorry, Holls but I couldn't stop him."

Standing behind her with a scowl on his face was Ryan Denton.

"Ryan I told you yesterday there is nothing to discuss." I sigh.

"I know but please hear me out. I apologize to you guys for my actions yesterday." Ryan said.

"Have a seat you got five minutes and then I have things to do," I said.

He lays papers out on the table. "I went over the projections and I think I can pull it out of the hole but I need your help," Ryan said.

Worth crosses his arms and sighs but doesn't say anything.

"All I need is your support with backing and 7k to pay what my stupid sister did. I covered all the rest of her mess but to be able to keep this going I need your help desperately." Ryan said.

"Holland you of all people know how much you love your brand and all the blood, sweat, and tears you put into your company. Will you please help me with this?" He asks.

I sigh and look over the paper and hand it over to Derrick. "I'll think about it so come back before 5 pm and I'll give you my answer. I want to say no but I know how hard you worked but you slacked and trusted the wrong people. If I decide to help you again you cant do that." I said.

"Its a promise hell you can put that in writing. I'll be back at five and thanks for even thinking about it." He stands up and walks out.

Worth uncrosses his arms and reaches for another doughnut. "Well the guy is persistent and he did apologize."

Derrick looks over his papers he left. "If you want to do this I can write something new up."

"Yes please do if you think its worth my time. Ok, I will now back to these and sign, please. I said.

Worth's phone rings. "Sorry, guys I'll step out. He walks into Hollands office.

Hello?

Hey, bro hows it going?

Hey Dustin! It's going great. New York is something else I tell ya.

Oh, I bet. Hows Holland? Showing you the ropes?

Oh yeah, the trip has been great. You should see her in action. In business mode, she is nothing like you know.

📞A turn-on huh?

📞I sigh into the phone... Oh yeah, it is.

📞You sound different Worth. Omg, you slept with her, didn't you?

📞Yeah maybe so.

📞You dog! Its been years and I know it.

📞I really like her Dustin and she feels the same.

📞I'm happy to hear that brother.

📞Just keep it to yourself ok Dustin?

📞Deal. Ok, I'll let you go then.

📞Thanks, Dustin. I need to get back to the conference room. Love ya and see you in a few days.

Worth walks back into the room and Holland and Derrick are laughing.

"What did I miss?" He asks.

"Just my funny brother." Holland smacks his arm.

"Hey Now! If you don't stop hitting me I could sue you." He laughs.

"Oh please go ahead and you're fired," I smirk.

"Ok children really?" Worth sits down and grabs another doughnut. "Gosh someone get them out of my face before I eat the whole box."

I stick out my tongue out at him. "Doughnuts are the breakfast of champions you know?"

"Not where I come from. Clara would kill me." He laughs.

"Oh, Clara... Derrick, you got to meet her. She is the best cook I know." I said.

"We will plan a trip soon then." Derrick smiles.

"Where are we going?" Sidney asks as she walks in the door.

"Texas to my family ranch." Worth said.

"Oooh, I'm down!" Sidney smiles and then looks at the both of them like she already knows.

I avoid eye contact and pick up another contract Derrick handed me. "Ok let me look over a few more and we will break for lunch," I said.

"Anything you want to see while your here Worth?" Sidney asks.

"Hmmm, I'm not sure. Maybe somewhere to get a great steak?" He said.

"Didn't we have steak yesterday?" I laugh.

"Yeah but I love steak." He laughs.

"Oh, Holland you need to take him to 677 Prime," Sidney said.

"Can you go call and make a reservation for us Sid?" I ask.

"Sure I can." She walks out the door and to her desk.

"You don't need to go through trouble Holland." Worth said.

"It's no trouble I want you to experience a great steak and lunch that's why we are going to Jacks Diner." I smile.

"Oh man its the best," Derrick said. "Bring me something back will you Holls?"

"Of course I will." I smile at him.

I look over the last contract and sign it and lean back in the chair. "You ready to go Worth?" I ask.

"Sure I'm always ready to eat." He chuckles.

"Sid, did you want anything from Jacks's Diner?" I ask.

"Oh yeah, onion rings and strawberry milkshake please." She smiled.

"You got it." I grab my wallet and we head to the elevator.

"We don't need to drive we can just walk since its right around the corner." We step outside and Worth reaches for my and. I smile at him and lock my fingers with him as we walk to the diner on this nice warm day.