Ch 80 🍏

A couple of days have passed and we picked up Hollands truck and I'm jealous it's beautiful and my parents are due at any time

I'm outside checking the animals and Holland is in the kitchen helping Clara make lunch for everyone.

"Worth are you out here?" Jack said.

"Yeah pops in my office!" I said.

"What are you doing out here son?" He laughs.

"Just working on some invoices. You guys just got in?" I ask.

"Yeah, that was a long drive. We went to Washington DC." He said.

"Wow what a trip. Did you go see the white house?" I asked.

"Yeah we did some sightseeing but we wanted to get home in plenty enough time to see you guys get married. Are you nervous?" He asked.

"Not at all pops, in fact, I'm so excited I can't wait to marry Holland. I know she the one." I smile.

"I can tell just by the way you look at each other and well Holland shes a glowing bride." He said.

"She's fitting in good here and well so is Derrick. They are ready to get that office open." I said.

"Whos nice new truck is that in the driveway?" Pops asks.

I laugh. "That would be Hollands."

"Hollands? Wow, she needed a truck huh?" He asked.

"Yeah she wanted something she could drive and not ask us to take her places and of course she had to have a new one plus shes got her tesla." I laugh.

"I was supposed to come get you for lunch so let's go and your momma wants to see you as well. But that girl you got sure is something." He laughs.

"Don't I know it pops," I said walking with him into the house and see my girl with mom and Clara cooking.

Mom runs over to give me a hug. "There is my handsome firstborn. How are you son? Ready to get married?" She asked.

"Oh yeah more than ready. I wanted to go out to the apple orchard and take a peek but Emma said she would kill me." I laugh.

"We can't be messing with her stuff plus its a surprise so no peeking." Mom said laughing.

We all set down for a sandwich and Jack asked why we were having a special dinner.

"Well pops we wanted to have a big dinner with yall before the big day. Plus it will be nice to have Nancy and Daniel here with us along with Derrick." I said.

"I am so spoiled already with Clara's cooking." Derrick laughs.

Once lunch was cleaned up Holland wanted to go upstairs a while and I followed her and locked the door.

"I want to get the surprises together for later." She smiled grabbing the boxes and bibs and sits on the bed Indian style.

"I can't believe you found boxes with poppies on them." I laugh.

"I know right? Do you think we should tell them its a girl and the name?" She asks.

"If you want to sweetheart. I'll follow your lead with that." I said.

"Well you tell them we have an announcement and hand out the boxes and I'll say its a girl and the name." She smiled.

"Sounds like a plan so let's get this together then." I lean down and kiss her lips.

I watch her put the bibs in the small box for my parents and for Daniel and Nancy. I think they all are going to be ecstatic because this is the first grandchild on both sides.

"I cant wait to see all of there faces," I said.

"Me too. I'm going to go shower and put on a nice maxi dress and then put on some makeup. Do you want to shower with me?" She asks.

"I don't know if I can keep my hands off of you if we shower together." I laugh.

"Oh, you can behave come on we need to look nice for our big reveal." She smiled and pulled me into the bathroom.

After our shower, I went slipped on my red maxi dress and put on some makeup and fixed my hair down, and then applied my red lipstick and a little perfume.

"Damn sweetheart you look beautiful." I walked over and kissed her neck.

"You clean up nice as well. I like this nice long sleeve black button-up shirt with the sleeves rolled up and a tight pair of blue jeans and his black cowboy hat.

"So when do we tell we have something to give them after dinner or before?" I ask.

"Hmmm maybe after if we can wait that long." I laugh.

"You better not blurt it out as soon as we sit down." She giggles.

"I would never do that. Then after I guess I need to facetime Aunt Shelly and tell her. I hate she can't be in on it but you know." She frowns.

"I'm going to head downstairs to check on things and you come down when you want to ok?" I said.

"Ok I need to use the bathroom again and I'll be down." She said.

I head downstairs so that I can look for Derrick. I think before we make the announcement I'm going to ask him if he will call Aunt Shelly so she can be in on it.

Once I set that up I walk outside to the porch where Emma and Jess are and make sure everything is on for the big day.

"Are you nervous big brother?" Jess asks.

"Nah I'm ready to marry Holls. It can't come fast enough for me." I smile at them.

Holland walks out and sits down beside Emma. "Wow, Holland you look beautiful. Is that red lipstick your brand?" She asked.

"Yeah, it is one of my brands." She smiles at Emma.

"Emma I can't believe you asked that! You know that's her brand what are you saying!" Jess laughs.

"Guys food is ready so get your asses in here," Chad said at the door.

I stand up and grab Holland's hand and head toward the table.