Ch 74 🍏

I was getting nervous when I hadn't heard back from Holland and it had been over an hour

I was getting nervous when I hadn't heard back from Holland and it had been over an hour. As I go to step out of the barn I run into Emerson.

"Hey, yall made it back? Where is Holls?" I ask.

"She said to tell you she went to lay down. But she said the doctor said she was fine and gave her some meds for her nausea." Emerson said.

"Oh good! Well, I got a few more things to catch up on and then I'll go in and check on her. Give her time to nap. Thanks again for taking her Emerson." I said.

"No problem I don't mind to help. I'm going to go ride my horse a little bit." He said walking off.

I walk back into my office and breathe a sigh of relief. I'm glad to know she is ok. I shuffle some paperwork and add up some things before heading inside.

I walk upstairs and find her in the bed on her side and appears to be asleep. I walk over to her side of the bed and bend down and kiss her forehead.

I walk over to my dresser and pull out some clean clothes and head to the shower. By the time I get out and get dressed she's sitting up in the bed.

"Hey, sweetheart! How are you feeling?" I ask.

"I'm good sorry I just needed a little nap." She smiled.

"So how was the appointment? Dr. Green said you were ok?" I ask.

"Yeah they did some tests and took some blood and all seems good. I had Emerson stop on the way home I had to get a box for a gift. Tell me what you think." I said pulling the box out of my nightstand.

"Well, its blue polka dot and small so what kind of gift is this? A lipgloss or a small eyeshadow?" I ask.

"Well, I want you to look inside Worth please." She smiles at me and bites her lip.

I take the lid off and find the shock of my life. I look at the picture in front of me and then look back at her. "Is this yours? I mean ours? Shit is this our baby?" I ask.

"Yes, Worth it is!" She smiles.

"Holy shit! It really happened! We did it, sweetheart." I smile and lean over and kiss her.

She has tears running down her face. "We did Worth. I didn't think it would ever happen." She cries.

"Don't cry sweetheart I knew it would happen if we were meant to have a baby and looks like we are. So how far along are you?" I ask.

"Dr. Green said 12 weeks and when we get to 20 weeks we can find out the gender." She said.

"What did Emerson think?" I ask.

"Oh, I didn't tell him. I thought you deserved to know first but I was about to burst to tell him." She laughs.

"How do you think we tell everyone?" I ask.

"Maybe at the wedding? I mean everyone will be together then. But it's going to be hard to hold in." She laughs.

"God I'm so happy!" I lean over and kiss her again.

"I am too Worth! At least now I know whats going on with me. I was truly worried." She said.

"A baby damn this is exciting! I don't even know what to do with myself." I chuckled.

"Well for now let's keep it hush-hush if we can. We will be getting married soon and I'm not showing so it should be good." She said.

"Ok, its a secret now let's go downstairs I think Clara made chicken and dumplings," I said.

"Oh, we are most definitely hungry." She laughs and rubs her belly.

I kiss her lips again and we walk down to the kitchen to find everyone around the table already.

"Hey, you two!" Chad said.

"Hey Chad hows it going?" She asked.

"I have been over at the office fixing a few things." He smiled.

"Thanks, I appreciate that so much. When do you think we should open?" She asked.

"Soon! I had a lady knock on the door and wanted to know if we had any of your samples or anything to sell." He laughs.

"She didn't?" Holland laughs.

"Said she would pay me for some samples." Chad laughs.

"I hope you ran her off," I said.

"Well I told her there were no samples at all in the building and she frowned and walked off." Chad chuckled.

"I hope people don't do that often. Can't say I ever had that happen in New York." Holland said.

"Well small town they will think you have a shop inside of the office to shop from," I said.

"That's not a bad idea Holland. The building next to ours is up for rent since today. You could put products there to sell and hire someone to work there and make more money that way." Chad said.

"Well, that's something to think about definitely. But right now I have too much on my plate." She smiled while shoveling in a dumpling.

After dinner, we all go out on the porch and talk and laugh with Holland and I in the swing. I noticed she touched her belly a few times and it brings a smile to my face. I can't believe all this is happening.

I have the woman of my dreams, shes moving in on the ranch that I love and fell in love with her on. Shes got the business she loves opening soon and now we are going to have a baby.

I smile over at her and put my hand over hers. She moves my hand closer to her stomach and smiles. I lean over and kiss the side of her face and whisper. "I love you Holland."

"I love you too Worth. We both do." She whispers in my ear.

Wow, I'm going to be a dad... A dad something I never thought I would get to call myself. I smile at her again and then join back into my brother's conversation.