Ch 87 🍏

When they placed Poppy in my arms I felt complete

When they placed Poppy in my arms I felt complete. I looked over at Holland smiling and watching me hold our daughter.

Mindy walks back over to the bed. "Ok, so she weighs 8lbs 2oz and shes 21 Inches long." She smiled.

"Thank you so much for everything Mindy," Holland said and smiled.

"Your welcome just push the button if you need anything." She smiled and walked out the door.

"You did it, momma! Look at this beautiful baby!" I smiled at her standing up and walking back over to the bed. 

I hand Poppy to her. "I should probably go out and tell the clan and let them come have a peek. Mindy said we could sneak them all in." I said leaning down to kiss her lips. "I love you Holls."

I walk out to the family and smile. "Shes here guys! She weighed 8lbs 2oz and shes 21 inches long with dark hair. Mindy said if you be quiet you all can come back." I said.

They all jump up to follow me back to the room. We let mom and pops and Daniel and Nancy in first and then the rest all pile in.

"Oh, my shes beautiful." Mom said.

"I need to hold my niece excuse me." Chad laughs.

"I think you better wait in line." Derrick smiles as he walks over to Holland and kisses her forehead. "You did good sis!"

One by one everyone got a look at the baby but it was Daniel who got to hold her first. He just sits and cried as he looked at her little face.

I'm happy to say her face looks just like Holland. I was hoping she would since Holland is the most beautiful woman on earth.

"This little girl is so loved already she is going to be so spoiled," Jack said.

"Yeah, dad with you and mom back living on the farm she won't ever want for anything." Dustin laughed.

"You got that right." Jack laughs as does the whole room.

Once everyone left I took Poppy back while Holland slept and I just stared at her and its unbelievable that she's actually ours. When Holland had that scare and surgery we didn't think we would ever be parents.

Once Holland wakes back up we change Poppy's diaper and put a cute outfit on her before face timing with Aunt Shelly. She was ecstatic and surrounded by her crazy friend.

"I'm so proud of you sweetheart. She's so beautiful and I didn't think I could love anyone as much as I love her and you." I kiss her forehead.

"Come lay with me Worth I just want to feel you wrapped around me. But your right she's beautiful and I couldn't love her more. I know she's only hours old but I hope we can give her a brother or sister at some point." She smiled.

"I hope so too Holls." I smile as I get in the bed and hold her close while Poppy was asleep in her little bed.

The next day family came in and out taking turns holding Poppy and loving on her. It melted my heart to see how much all of them love Poppy.

The next day we were able to go home. I have never driven so slow in my life but I had to take precautions with a little baby on board.

"Home sweet home Poppy!" I said as I got her carrier out of the truck then walked around to help Holls. She's walking a little slow.

Banners were up across the columns of the house saying Welcome home Poppy. There was a stork I know that was 8ft tall that was sticking in the front yard with her name and weight and birth date on it.

"Where did that stork come from?" I ask.

"Roger made it for you guys," Dustin said.

"Wow, it's cool." Holland smiled.

Once we finally made it upstairs Holland was worn out and I told her to take a nap I would change Poppy's diaper and that we had lots of help downstairs.

I change her diaper and kiss her all over her face. "You are daddy's girl aren't you? Yes, you are. You need a little nap?" I lay her in the bed and cut on the monitor and walk downstairs to the family.

"Where are Holland and Poppy?" Clara ask.

"Both are taking a nap. Holland is worn out and Poppy was ready for a nap too. I brought the monitor in case she cries." I said sitting it down on the table.

"Would you like a sandwich Worth?" Clara asked.

"I could use one please." I smile at her as mom comes and sits down beside me.

"Shes beautiful Worth and I'm so happy for you in every way. You are going to be a great father I can see it already and boy does she look so much like Holland." Mom said.

"I'm going to need a shotgun early huh mom?" I laugh.

"Yes you are but between all her uncles she won't have a chance to date." Mom laughs.

"I feel sorry for her now and she's only a couple days old." I laugh.

"I'm going to go upstairs and take a nap with Holland I think." I yawn.

"You go right ahead and leave me that monitor and we will watch her for you." Mom said.

"Thanks, mom!" I said as I took the last bite of my sandwich and headed upstairs. Once I climbed into bed beside Holland and snuggled close to her she turned over and asked where Poppy was.

"She's in her crib. I gave mom the monitor she said she would listen for her so we could nap." I said.

"Oh that's so nice of her I am just so worn out I can't keep my eyes open any longer. I love you Worth." She said.

"I love you too sweetheart. Get you some much-needed sleep. I wrapped my arm around her and kissed her neck before going to sleep.