Ch 34 🍏

After a great lunch by Clara, we walked out to the horses

After a great lunch by Clara, we walked out to the horses. Rex was excited when he spotted me.

"There is my pretty boy! You want an apple?" I walk closer and stick my hand out and Rex nuzzles my hand and took the apple. I brush down his mane with my fingers and lean in to nuzzle his face.

"Arent you just the sweetest Rex?" I said.

"I think he's moving in on my woman." Worth laughs.

"You think? I think he just wants an apple and attention." I said.

Worth walks up with an apple in his hand. He slowly reaches it out to Rex and he sniffed Worths hand and took the apple. Then Worth rubbed down his mane.

I smile. "See you could do it. I knew you could.

"Do you want to ride out to check on the apples?" Worth asks.

"Sure! Can we stop where we had our first kiss?" I ask.

"Of course we can." He winks at me.

We jump on the side by side and take off through the orchard. Stopping at our spot Worth wraps his arm around my neck and pulls me close.

"May I kiss those beautiful lips of yours?" He asks.

"I would be hurt if you didn't." I pull him close and our lips touch softly at first and then got a little sloppier.

When Worth pulled away he smiled at me. "I hope you decide to stay for a couple of days. My folks will be back tomorrow and we are having a bbq dinner outside and I would love for you to meet them and Jess."

"I would love to but I need to check in with Derrick and Sidney. Let me shoot them a text." I said.

📱 Hey guys! We made it to Texas and I hope you can hold down the fort for a few days. Worths parents will be here tomorrow and they are having a big bbq and Worth wants me to meet them.

📱Hold down the fort? You are sounding like him, sis. 😉

📱Ignore dufus! Of course, we got you, girl. Have fun! Love ya! ❤️

📱Love you guys too! Thanks a bunch! xoxo 💚

"They are fine with it so I guess I'm staying." I smile.

Worth quickly kisses my lips. "Let's go back to the house and get your room situated."

"Oh.. Ok then," I said.

"You know you won't be sleeping in there but the crew has to think that at least." He laughs.

"Oh, I was like wow he does like me anymore." I frown.

"That's definitely not true at all. You got me wrapped around your little finger." He smiled at me and laced his fingers with mine.

When we made it back to the house Worth took me upstairs to the room I stayed in before. "Looks like Clara has freshened the room up for you." He said.

"It looks lovely. I'll leave my stuff in here and we can figure the rest out later." I said.

"Holl's this is my house I can make any decision I want." He smiles.

I wrap my arms around his neck. "I'm happy to hear that. I don't want to sleep without you tonight."

Worth places his hands on my face. "I can't wait to get you in my bed tonight." He gently kisses my lips.

"Let's head downstairs and see what's going on." He said.

Everyone is sitting around the table talking. Dustin, Emerson, Chad, and Roger while Clara was cooking something.

"It sure smells good in here Clara." I walk over to give her a hug.

"And you look awful pretty today Ms. Holland. I'm glad to see you back." She winks.

"Anything I can help you with?" I ask.

"Can you cut the potatoes dear?" She asked.

"I sure can give me whatever you want me to do." I smile.

"Damn Holland is getting domesticated for Worth." Chad laughs.

"Shut up Chad!" Worth throws a potholder at him.

Someone knocks on the side door.

"Come in!" They all shout.

Daniel walks in with Nancy in tow. "Howdy guys! I just wanted to drop some preserves by. Oh, Holland is here! I brought you some too Darlin."

"That's very sweet of you Daniel!" I side hug him with a potato peeler in my hand.

"Oh, Nancy!" I reach out to hug her. "How are you?" I ask.

"I'm good! Thank you for the samples. Emma gave me some of them." Nancy said.

"Oh good! I told her to share with you and Jess." I smiled.

"I have some of the primer and foundation on now." Nancy smiled.

"It looks beautiful on you." I smile.

"So how was the trip to Tennessee Worth?" Dustin asks.

"It was great! Her Aunt Shelly is something else." He said.

"Holland asked her Aunt Shelly if she knew you Daniel but she didn't recognize your name." Worth said.

"What is her aunt's last name?" Daniel asked.

"Umm Holland I don't know her last name." Worth laughs.

"Oh, Aunt Shelly her last name is Carr," I said.

"Hmm don't sound familiar. What's your mother's name Holland?" Daniel ask.

"Her name is Beth," I said.

"What's her last name?" He asked.

"Its Samuels," I said.

"Hmmm... Why don't you go by Samuels?" Daniel asked.

"Because my mother is an alcoholic and I don't want to be associated with that. She left us when we were kids so we moved to Paris TN to be with Aunt Shelly." I said.

"Where were you born dear?" Nancy asked.

"Ohh Franklin TN. Only stayed there till I was 11 years old." I said.

"What about your dad dear?" Nancy asked again.

"Oh, I don't know who he is. She never told me." I said.

"What happened to her then?" Daniel asked.

"She's still in franklin I guess drunk. She has been married a few times but I can't keep up." I said.

"Oh, so Samuels wasn't her maiden name.?" Daniel asked.

"Umm no, it was Snider. Elizabeth Snider." I said.

Daniel chokes on his coffee. Worth jumps up." You ok Daniel?" Worth asks.

"Yeah sorry, it went down the wrong way." He clears his throat.

"Well, I have a nice meatloaf here with some mashed potatoes and corn and green beans, mac and cheese, and rolls," Clara said.

Everyone gets up from the table and grabs a plate. "Thanks for helping her with supper." Worth winks at me.

"I enjoyed it." I smile at him.

We all fill up our plates and dig into this delicious meal.