ONE

one; hadley lamontagne

NEW ORLEANS, LOUISANNA.

Stepping on the black pavement, Hadley LaMontagne began walking the streets of New Orleans, memories of the last 18 months began flooding through her mind as she looked around seeing debris and disaster flooding the street.  She shook her head, feeling nauseous and looked down at the stack of papers she had in my hand getting ready for the case her brother had assigned her to examine.

 Her older brother William, or Billy, as people knew him, was a detective. Who had given her a case which that she needed to get evidence from. A case that she was already late to once again. Hadley walked as fast as she could to the scene, her heels hitting the pavement, the loud noise telling everyone she was on her way.

 Hearing the chatter from around the corner, she knew she was almost there. She turned the sharp left and saw the police officers, in front of the yellow crime tape, that she knew extremely well. Her leather messenger bag, was slung across her small body, and with every step she took it moved hitting my hip with a soft thud. 

Hadley looked at Officer Chalamet and he gave her a disapproving look, and pulled the tape upwards, letting me go through. She clenched her jaw, stopping  herself from making a snarky remark  and walked under, seeing Billy talking to three new faces.

"You decided to show, after all." She heard the heavily accented voice say, and she saw Billy who had his arms crossed in front of his chest. Our accents were a bit different. His hard Yat accent was more rough, coarse. While hers was soft, barley noticeable. 

She stopped walking and looked up at him. "Shut it, Billy. I'm here now, aren't I?" She asked, with a disgusting look on her face and he shook his head, and handed her the black gloves that investigators normally wore.

"Sorry 'bout that. This is Hadley LaMontagne, CSI." He said, and she looked at the three agents who were standing in front of her. She slipped on the black gloves and the black man smiled at her.

"Agent Jareau, Agent Gideon and Agent Morgan. With the BAU in Quantico." Billy said and she smiled at all of them, a genuine smile too.

"How old are you?" Agent Jareau asked eyeing her, and I pulled off my messenger bag, setting it down on the floor lightly.

 "Twenty-one." Was all she said and Billy spoke to the agents, looking at all of them.

"She's one of the best damn Crime Scene Investigators we got. " He said and she rolled her eyes at his over exaggeration. She was the only crime scene investigator they had, well the only one who did their job anyways.