nineteen

nineteen; crime scene investigator, not a profiler

2 Months Later

I sat in my office looking over some cold cases that I wanted to figure out. I sat in my swivel chair, a bowl of chicken in one hand and a file in the other,while the DNA machine beeped. The door opened and JJ looked at me. "We have a case." She said and I nodded, putting the file down on the desk and grabbing my notebook and began walking to the briefing room. I shoved the notebook under my armpit and I held the bowl of chicken in my hands.

As I walked in, everyone else was standing waiting for Hotch to speak. "Don't get comfortable, we'll have a briefing on the plane." He said and I raised any eyebrow. "Where are we going?" I asked and he continued to look at the video playing on the screen. "New York." He said and Rossi came in speaking. "5 shooting in two weeks, it's about time we got that call." He said and Hotch looked at everyone, seriously. I shoved a big piece of chicken in my mouth. "I wanna take Garcia and Ivankov with us. Hopefully they give us access to their surveillance systems. Hadley, I want you to come with us, but not as CSI as an agent. This isn't a normal case." He said and I looked up at him worried, almost choking on my chicken.

"Hotch, I don't normally go in as the agent." I said reminding him I'm not like him or the rest of the team. He didn't show any expression on his face. "Well, then it will be good practice, you did great in Alaska," He said and I breathed out, taking the orders from him. I smiled tightly and left the room to go get my gun in my office.

After getting my gun, I grabbed my bag, shoving it with cold case files for the plane ride with my extra clothes and I walked out and Rossi handed me a jacket. I opened it and it had the letters FBI in yellow on the back.

On the jet I sat down on a single seat and I brought the desk over to me. I took out the file dealing with a missing boy whose body was never found. I heard Penny as she talked to Derek. "How come I only come with you guys once every 2 years?" She asked and Derek chuckled. "Trust me mama, it can get old. " He said and I smirked, still looking at my file.

"Oh, right, like the way that spa treatments in 5-Star hotels get old." She said and I snorted. She looked over at me. "What are you busy reading over there girly?" She asked and I threw my file down on the desk.

"A cold case. It was brought to my attention last week and I'm just now looking it over." I said and she smiled. "You should open a business. Like LaMontagne's Firm, or LaMontagne's Cold Case Investigation." She said, wiggling her eyebrows and I laughed. "If only." I said and Spencer looked at Hotch.

"Do the police have any leads?" He asked and Hotch shook his head. "He's killing roughly every 2 days. The press is having a field day, and it sounds like the mood on the street is getting pressy." Hotch said and I crossed my arms over my chest.