forty-four

forty-four; acute stress disorder

3rd Person POV.

As hours had passed by, Hadley's stab wound turned out to be nothing too major; it didn't do too much damage, so they stitched it up and they placed her into a room. Instead of having her arms free or her legs free, she was strapped down to the hospital bed as she had what they called a Code Violet, when the patient was being hostileto themselves or the staff. Which Hadley was, she bit one of the doctors and punched him breaking his nose, trying to get away from him, they ruled it as her mind thinking that she was still trying to get away from Foyet.

The doctors had let her family in and Spencer and they stood watching as she laid in bed, her dented prosthetic at the side next to the desk. Will held Henry in his hands and sighed looking over at her. His eyes were red from crying over the death of his mother and from staying up. JJ had gone to get some food for them.

The mumbling from Hadley caused Will to look over at her. She began speaking loudly, but her words were inaudible. She violently jolted trying to get free and then began speaking more clearly.

"No- No- Don't shoot her." She repeated over and over again and then she moved her arms trying to get free. Spencer stood up, and rushed over to his girlfriend. "Hadley- Hadley, stop it's okay. Doctor!" He hollered for someone, to come in and help. A nurse rushed in and was holding a small needle. "This should help her." She said and put it into her IV and within seconds, Hadley stopped freaking out and mumbling, tears now down her face. Henry began crying loudley.

"I-I think I might know a place, she could go to help her." Spencer said looking at Will, who still held Henry, fast asleep in his arms."Where?" He asked and Spencer looked at Hadley, who slept on the bed. "Bennington Sanitarium." He said and pulled out his phone to make a few calls.

After his call Will looked over at Spencer. "Why would my baby sister have to go to a sanitarium?" He asked and Spencer sighed sadly looking at his girlfriend.

"Hadley is suffering from something known as Acute Stress Disorder; it occurs in 20-50% of victims or witnesses of trauma involving interpersonal assault. If you decide to send her to the sanitarium, they'll give her Psychotherapy treatment. My mom is there. I write her letters everyday. I know everyone that works there." He said and Will held onto Henry a little tighter.

He nodded and Spencer looked over at his girlfriend and sighed.

4 days later

"But this is Agent Hotchner's fault right?" Strauss asked and I slammed my hands down on the table. "NO! I told you it wasn't the seven other times you asked me and I will continue to tell you. It was not his fault. The entire team decided to do this." I said angrily, she flinched at my sudden outburst and nodded. "Thank you for your time, Agent LaMontagne." She said and turned off the recording machine and looked up at me.

"Agent LaMontagne, I am truly sorry for your loss. No one should ever have to go through that. I will be here for you if you need anything else." She said and I nodded standing up. She helped me get up and she opened the door for me to walk through. I walked out the door after her and I saw my team standing outside all in a little bundle, looking at me. I looked at them and I saw Emily and JJ giving me a small smile. Penelope looked over at me giving my sympathy, Derek and Rossi stood giving me a sad look, Spencer was there, but I avoided his gaze. Even Hotch was there, but I turned back walking out of the room and into the hallway where a woman was standing.

"Hadley LaMontagne? I'm Abigail Moore, I'm with Bennington Sanitarium in Las Vegas, Nevada. We believe we can help you." She said and I laughed, my voice hoarse. "You can't help me." I said and she smiled softly and nodded. " We can." She said and I clenched my jaw and walked out of the BAU with the dark-skinned woman.