thirteen

thirteen; jason bryant

The new lead crime scene investigator looked at me as I walked up to her next to Derek. "I'm SSA Derek Morgan this is-"He said but was cut off by the girl. "Hadley LaMontagne. I'm Leilani Māhoe." She said sticking out her hand to shake Derek's and mine. 

I looked her up and down taking in the new girl. She had blonde hair and her blue eyes were bright. Her skin was tanned, like she had just come back from the beach, and from guessing by her first and last name, she did. She extended her hand and I shook it, giving her a tight smile.

"What can you tell us about the crime scene?" Derek asked and Leilani pulled up the yellow tape. She looked back at us, her long blonde hair flowing. " Well, Ingrid was 30 years old. She had just gotten married. I read the case that your father had put together and it said that all of his victims were pregnant." She said looking at me and I nodded. "Yeah, that's what he put together." I said and she smiled softly.

"The victims finger and toenails were painter black. Also ME says that she was asphyxiated." She said and I tilted my head shrugging. "We should double check that." I said and she crossed her arms looking at me. "Why?" She asked and I looked at Derek and then at Leilani. "I love Reno, I do. But sometimes he drinks and messes things up." I stated and she shook her head. "You've been gone for a while, Agent LaMontagne, Reno stopped drinking." She said and I raised an eyebrow. 

"What else can you tell us about the victim?" Derek asked and Leilani looked down at where the body was. "Same with the rest. Larynx surgically removed, the only problem is the other victims were pregnant and their wedding bands were missing." She said and I looked at Derek. 

"We aren't going to get anything here. It's basically what I had explained on the jet." I said and Leilani chuckled. "Except for one tiny thing. In Alexandria, there was a body found. A girl was found with her throat surgically removed. She was pregnant but the baby was missing." She said and Derek shot his head to me.

" Did you know about this?" He asked and I shook my head looking at him. "No, I would have said something." I said and Derek looked at Leilani.

"Can you go to the station?" Derek asked and she nodded. "Yeah, my officer is Agent LaMontagne's old one." She said and Derek nodded. " We have another agent there who is doing the geological profiling of The Silencer. We'll let him know that you're going to meet him." Derek said and she nodded, I watched as she walked by me and she smiled, giving me her perfect smile.

Derek opened his phone and called who I assumed was Spencer. "Hey. So we just found out from the lead crime scene investigator on the case that there was another killing in Alexandria. Same MO." He said into the phone and I picked on the hangnail by my thumb.

"Yeah, she's on her way right now. " Derek said and I knew he was talking about Leilani. He hung up and looked at me. "What?" He asked and I frowned looking at him. "What?" I asked and he tilted his head. "You have a look." He said and I laughed, trying to hide the jealousy.

"Let's just go back to the station." I said and he nodded.

3rd Person POV

Hadley and Derek walked into the station, as the laughter of Spencer and Leilani rang throughout the small office. Hadley turned her head and saw Spencer and Leilani laughing about something as she rolled her eyes at the gorgeous girl who was making her jealous. They walked into the office and the two stopped laughing looking at Derek and Hadley. The phone rang and Spencer pressed it and Penelope's voice was heard. Hadley crossed her arms and listened to the girl.

"Okay, so get this. Back in the 70s, a series of murders occurred in Baton Rouge. The difference was that all of the victims were single but they were all brunette." Penelope said and Hadley looked down at the phone. "The killings stopped in '78. 7 years later, the killings started again in Lafayette, but this time, the MO completely changed. The victims were now married and they were all blondes and two were pregnant." She said and Derek furrowed his dark brows.

"So the same serial killer?" Leilani asked out loud and Hadley shook her head. "No, that would mean our UnSub is around 50 years old now." I said and she looked at me and nodded.

"Get this. After the killings stopped in '88, there was no sign of the killer until 2005. It stopped for a couple of months and then-" She said but Hadley cut her off. "When you guys came for the first time we had gotten the seventh body from whoever is doing this now" Hadley said and Derek looked at Spencer.

"So what happened from 1988 to 2005?" He asked out loud and Hadley bit her lip. "What if our UnSub is the son of the UnSub from the 70s, when the first killings started?" She asked and they all heard Penelope typing on her keyboard. 

"No, they caught the killer from the 70s. His name was Jason Bryant, and he has no kids." She said and Spencer looked down at the phone on speaker. "Where is Bryant now?" He asked and Penelope responded. 

"6 feet under. He died 4 years ago, from a seizure." She said and Hadley pulled out a file from the the table. "Before the killings started. Which means we're dealing with a copycat." She said and Derek nodded. "It has to be. Bryant didn't have any kids, when did they catch him?" Derek asked and Penelope typed.

"1992." She said and Leilani looked at Hadley, who was looking down at her father's file that he had created for whoever this was.

"So if they caught him in '92, and he was in prison, whoever is doing this has to be a copycat of some sort." Derek said and Spencer nodded. "We have to tell Hotch and Emily." He said and Hadley through down her father's file.

Hotch stood getting ready to give the profile to the officers to the station, as Hadley stood against the wall. Emily was next to her and Hotch had his arms crossed.

Derek looked at the officers. "We are dealing with a copy cat killer, whose intentions are to follow the killings of Jason Bryant in the 70s." He said and looked over at Spencer.

Spencer looked at the oficers ready to give out the statistics. "Copycat killers kill because of the  tendency of sensational publicity about violent murders to result in more of the same through imitation. The term was first coined around 1916 due to the crimes that were inspired by Jack the Ripper. This also means that our UnSub is most likely a student in a university, studying or majoring in Criminology. " Spencer said and Derek nodded. "It also means he's young. 18- 24 years old, white, male, and is after married women who are women who had just gotten married." Emily said leaning off the wall and speaking as the officers started taking their notes.

Hadley stepped off the wall to say something but was cut off when Leilani started speaking. "The victim died from asphyxiation. Her fingernails and toenails were painted black most mortem. We thought we had found DNA on the body but it turned out to be her husband's DNA." Leilani said and Hadley looked at her brother and clenched her jaw, watching as Leilani looked at Spencer. He smiled at her and began speaking. Hadley swallowed and brought her attention back to Hotch, who was now talking.

"We don't know when this copycat will kill again but-" He said but was cut off when JJ opened the door, all eyes were on her. " We have an anonymous caller, stating that he's The Silencer Killer. He said he want's to talk to you." She said looking at Billy and Hadley looked at her brother and her heart dropped.

a/n: thanks for all the reads! It means the world to me <3

*blake lively as leilani who you'll be seeing more of;)*