eighteen

eighteen; david rossi

Month 4-6.

Azalea, Maxsten and I stood outside of Tyler Newburn's house as I knocked on his door. "Tyler Newburn, It's the FBI. Open up." Azalea said, all three of us had our guns out ready. Once we got no response, I stepped out of the way and Maxsten jumped up at bit and kicked the door open, breaking the lock. He went in first, then I did, then Azalea.

He went to the left, while Azalea went to the right and I went straight ahead. I heard Maxsten say clear and soon did Azalea. I opened a door and the smell of rot and death filled my nose. I shot my hand up to my mouth, looking at the body that was position on the floor in the closet. "Guys! Take a look!" I screamed and the all ran over to me.

"Holy sh-" Maxsten said and began to gag. I shook my head, looking at the body and sighed. "Call the police, have them take the body." I said and he nodded. I walked over to the Tyler Newburn and I shook my head looking down.

"What are we supposed to do now?" I asked and Azalea shurgged her shoulders. "We have to find out who did this and fast." She said and I nodded.

A week later, a few people showed up to the funeral of Tyler Newburn. Most of the public screamed his name and chanted, happy that the pedophile was locked up. I knew he wasn't the man who did this to Khloe.

The Crime Scene Unit here was small, but they had found DNA on the body, and it was hair from Khloe. We informed Blackwolf, but his reaction wasn't shock. It was like he knew. He stayed calm. We informed Mrs.Blackwolf, who began getting angry with us, so we left the home.

I have been calling Hotch and Spencer over the months that we had been here, and I've gotten close to Hayley, Hotch's ex-wife. I told her how much I loved kids and every night I'd talk to Jack over the phone.

Things here in Alaska were dry. We found no other evidence about Khloe's death, and that made everything worse.

Month 6.

 I sat sitting on the side of Liam's car when I heard footsteps coming from behind me. I turned my head and I saw Mrs.Blackwold, standing, wearing a tank top and leggings. She had a black eye and her hair was tangled and knotted. I jumped up and ran to her, yelling out to Maxsten, who was having a conversation with Liam and Leah. They ran over to me and Mrs. Blackwolf.

"Ma'am, what happened? Who did this?" I asked and she shook her head crying. "He killed my baby! When I figured out the pieces he tried to kill me too! Oh my god!" She screamed and I searched her face trying to find clues, but the looks she was giving gave me everything I needed to know. 

"It's the Adahy, isn't it? He killed your daughter, Aubrey and Tyler, didn't he?" I asked and she nodded, than wailed. I shot my gaze over to Maxsten.

"Let's go. Let's call the police, tell Azalea to meet us their." I said and he nodded, calling her. We jumped into the SUV leaving Liam and Leah to stay with Mrs.Blackwolf.

We arrived at Adahy's house 20 minutes later. I jumped out the car, with my gun in the air, and Maxsten was in front of me, leading this. We saw other officers there and the nodded their head towards the door indicating that Blackwolf was still in there. I nodded and I knocked on the door. "Blackwolf, It's FBI, open up." I said and we got nothing. I said it once more but before I could say anything else, something hit my bulletproof vest. I went flying back and I heard shots being fired. Even though the bullet didn't go through, the shock was what got me. I saw a team running to the bushes and I caught a glimpse of Derek and Hotch, and a brand new face I didn't recognize. Some bullets came from the side going into the residence, but when a man ran out holding a massive gun, the BAU ordered him to stop.

He stood staring at them as they talked, but I couldn't make anything out, due to my ringing ears. I fumbled to grab my gun, trying not to draw attention to myself, as I saw Adahy raise his gun. I saw his finger move on the trigger and I raised my gun, shooting him in the leg, a second bullet went flying to his leg, but I didn't shoot neither did the BAU. He fell to the ground gripping his leg then went to shoot, but I shot him again in the head, right between the eyes, not flinching as the loud gun went off throughout the woods.

I saw a trail of blood, that was leading to a body, and when I got a look, I got up as fast as I could and ran over to Maxsten's body. He was bleeding out of his right shoulder and raised my hand to the wound, trying to apply pressure. "You're gonna be okay." I said, my eyes becoming watery and he nodded, his face becoming cold. I examined the wound and I knew that he would be okay. It was away from any arterys, in his shoulder. I heard the ambulance and I closed my eyes, thanking whatever god that was up there.

Azalea came running to us in the snow and I looked back up at her. "Who shot the second round into his leg?" I hissed and she looked back seeing Hotch tending to a man. "Shaw. You better not say anything or I swear to god, I will kill you myself."She said and I nodded, looking at her. EMS ran out of the ambulance and they picked up Maxsten's body and started to work on him. The team ran to us and Spencer engulfed me into a hug. I hugged him back and when I pulled away Derek hugged me, then Emily, and then JJ. Last was Hotch and he hugged me and pulled back.

"I'm glad you're safe. Jack was asking for you this morning." He said and I closed me eyes, lucky to be alive. Derek opened my windbreaker and we all saw the bullet that was lodged into it, from Blackwolf. Azalea hugged Emily and JJ and the unknown man came up to me.

But I realized exactly who he was once I got a better look at him. "Oh my god, you're David Rossi. I-It's so nice to meet you." I said extending my hand and he smiled and grabbed it. "Likewise. I read some of your files, nicely done." He said and I smiled, happy that he read a file of mine.

"Wow."I said and he smiled. "Maybe when this is all over you would like to write a piece in my new book?" He asked and my mouth dropped and I nodded. "Yeah- Yeah of course." I said and we bonded immediately.

Over the course of 3 weeks after the death of Adahy Blackwolf, Mrs.Blackwolf, moved into a new home, she had gotten closure for her daughter's death and so did the family of Tyler Newburn and Audrey. It was a shock to everyone that a father could do that to his own daughter, and we knew that it was going to be a long process for Mrs.Blackwolf.

Maxsten was okay, he will be in the hospital for 4 weeks, and then he will return to work, afterwards, some damage was done, but he will be able to go and continue to work. Azalea was back for now, until she was needed elsewhere, but that just meant more arguing between her and Derek. 

I sat on the Jet, satisfied with the Cold Case that I solved, but I thought about what Maxsten said and I began to wonder if I should become a profiler as well, be in the field more often. I sat on the jet, listening to the banter of Azalea and Derek as I started to write the cold case file of Khloe Blackwolf, an amazing girl, who was brutally murdered by her own father.