thirty-one

thirty-one; gemma

thirty-one; gemma

Leilani and I were in the office at the BAU, eating spaghetti that Rossi had made. She sat behind my desk, with her feet on the desk itself and I stood looking at the clear dry-erase board, which had white marker all over it.

I shifted my weight from my left to my right and raised the fork that had spaghetti wrapped around it to my mouth. "What if this guy used something like a hammer?" Leilani asked eating spaghetti and I shook my head.

"No, a hammer wouldn't be able to give that much damage." I stated and she threw the file aside and sighed. "Why is this so frustrating?" She asked and I laughed, and the door to my office opened, and there stood JJ. 

"We've got a case." She said and I grabbed my bowl and Leilani left hers there and stood up. 

We both walked into the briefing room and I could see Adeleine out of my peripheral vision but I didn't look towards her. It had been about a week and a half since she had came to the FBI and it had also been a week and a half that I haven't talked to Spencer.

"Daniel Keller, 21. A junior at Benjamin Franklin University. He was killed last night while on spring break in South Padre Island. C.O.D. Asphyxiation." JJ said and I looked up at the TV were the man was positioned in the closet I eat some spaghetti and looked over at Leilani. "He was the second victim to be murdered there in the past three nights. the first was William Browder, also on spring break." JJ said and then looked over at me and Leilani "C.O.D. Asphyxiation, they were both sexually assaulted prior to death." I looked up from the file and towards JJ. "Any DNA found?" I asked and she nodded.

"Yeah, they had it sent to the lab, but it came back negative. I told them you and Leilani would have a look." She said and I nodded.

"Men? Were being raped and murdered on spring break? Well that's a twist." She said and Adeleine spoke. "Where did the deaths occur?" She asked and I rolled my eyes.

"So far the deaths have been localized to one hotel, The Hudson Street Hotel." She said and Derek looked at us.

"We should get a list to see who works there. There's a good chance one of them is the UnSub, or at the very least has interacted with them." Derek said and I nodded. "Am I going in as a profiler?" I asked looking at Hotch and he tilted his head. "Had-" He said but I cut him off. "C'mon. I'm in my 7th week right now." I said giving him my best puppy look and he closed his eyes and sighed.

"Fine, but if I see a limp, you're out." He said and I smiled, holding my bowl of spaghetti. I stood up and walked out of the briefing room, looking over at Spencer and then leaving to get ready to leave.

Leilani smirked, looking at all of us around the round table. "Pack some swimsuits and shorts, you are all going to South Padre Island." She said and I closed my eyes and sighed, walking out.