twenty-two

twenty-two;mayhem

twenty-two;mayhem

3rd Person POV

It had been 3 days since Hadley was brought in to the Virgina hospital, she was moved from the Intensive Care Unit, to another room in the hospital. They only allowed her brother to visit her, since he was her relative, and it was eating Hotch up on the inside. Most of the team from Seattle Grace left, the only ones that were here were Derek Shepherd, Callie Torres and Mark Sloan. 

Hadley hadn't woken up yet from her last surgery, she had a total of 5 surgery's, and she was now usinf a Nasal Cannula to help her breath better. She had a laceration to her chest, one to her head, one on her left thigh and a collapsed lung and 2 broken ribs.

It wasn't until the fourth day that they let her team see her. Penelope Garcia rushed into the room and stood next to her hospital bed as she laid there, looking peaceful as she was sleeping. Derek walked over to the young girl who he saw as his younger sister and kissed her forehead. JJ and Will were standing next to the chairs and she held onto her boyfriend, who was now the father of her child and held him as he had dark circles under his eyes. Spencer stood at the end of the bed, his eyes bloodshot red, looking down at the girl. Hotch clenched his jaw the entire time, blaming himself for her state. Emily and Rossi stood staring at the young girl, sad.

A knock was heard at the door and Derek Shepherd, Callie Torres, and Mark Sloan all walked in."We would like to talk to you guys about what's going to happen now." Derek said and the team nodded, he looked over at Callie and she looked at the team.

"The loss of a limb, can have a very distinct but overlapping psychological consequence. This can be bodily changes, they way that Ms.LaMontagne, her family and friends see her. She will quickly start to see herself as worthless, that she will not be able to do anything. She will also begin to look at herself as ugly and think that she isn't worth anything." Callie said and Will gripped JJ, hearing the news.

"Anxiety, deprission and sexual problems are also related to the loss of a limb as well. We can help you all prepare for the losses that are to come. There are support groups that we will recommend to you guys as well, also she will begin physical therapy so we can get her strong enough to use a prosthetic." Derek said nodding his head looking at the family. 

"The scars on her face will get smaller, and unrecognizable, but she will know that they are there. The scars on her chest however, is not. The one in the back of her head, will go down to size and be unrecognizable. Everyone deals with the loss of a limb differently." Mark said adn the team nodded. Hotch stood there not being able to say anything as he looked down at Hadley, who had a bandage wrapped around her head. Her amputated leg was resting on a pillow and the heart monitor beeped normally. Spencer grabbed his book and sat down next to her bed. Derek walked over to Penelope and hugged her and he let a tear escape his eye. Penelope, Derek, Rossi and Emily walked out and Will shook hands with all of the doctors and stood outside of his sisters door with JJ by his side.

Spencer looked up at Hotch and spoke softly. "She didn't die." He stated and Hotch kept his eye on the girl and spoke. "She won't be able to do the one thing she loves, because I decided that she should be on this case, Reid." He said harshly and left the room. Spencer wiped a tear before it fell down his cheek and opened the book he was reading and began to read it out loud to Hadley.

Hadley's POV (1 day later)

I looked up at the white ceiling, hearing the beating of the heart monitor.  My throat felt dry and I was having a hard time remembering what had happened. I heard chattering from outside my room and I heard soft snoring. I turned my head, swallowing trying to regain the feeling in my throat from it being too dry.

I saw Spencer sleeping on the chair, his hair a mess. He had a book opened across his chest, he wore mixed matched socks, and his tie was black. His gun sat in it's holster and there was two cups of coffee on the side desk. I felt pain in my chest as I moved and I ran my hand to my chest, not feeling anything there but gauze, that was placed over the wound. I ran my hand to my head, to feel a bandage wrapped around my head, I must have moved a certain way because Spencer jolted awake looking at me. I remembered that I also had a piece of the car stuck into my leg and I began to run my hand down to my leg and Spencer started speaking. "Hadley wait-" He said and I felt my leg stop at my knee. My heart started beating faster, and I tried to sit up, looking down at my leg, but hissed when the pain became stronger in my chest.  I ran my hand down to my leg, not being able to fell the rest of my leg and I started to freak. I began pushing the button the remote to my right to call the nurse and Spencer tried grabbing my hand.

"Where's the rest of my leg? It's gone!" I yelled feeling the stump covered in bandages. Two nurses ran in with two other doctors and they tried to calm me down, as Spencer ran outside, going to get the others, well- that's what I was assuming.

"Hey, look at me, it's going to be okay. You need to stay still." A female said looking down at me. Her hair was jet black and she looked to be latina."Where's my leg? Where's Hotch? Kate? Where are they?!" I asked yelling and she looked over at the doctor to her right and then back at me. 

"We need you calm." She said and I tried to get up, trying to leave the bed. "Get off of me! I need to find Hotch and Kate, move!" I said trying to get push her out the way, and Hotch ran into the room moments later. "Get off of me!" I yelled and the doctor pushed me back down to the bed. " No.  You need to lay back down before your rip your stitches. Agent Hotchner is right there." She said sternly and he walked into the room, with Spencer on his trail.

"What happened?" I asked starting to cry and Spencer closed his eyes while Hotch held my hand. "Hadley, Kate didn't make it. You're going to be okay." He said and I shook my head, crying that Kate wasn't alive.

"What happened to my leg!" I screamed and Callie gripped my hand, and she spoke. "It was a life or limb situation. If we didn't lose the leg, you would have died." She said softly and I began screaming and wailing at the same time.

Will came into the room and ran over to me, trying to calm me down, as I continued to cry for the leg that I lost, and Kate.