sixteen

sixteen; case # 1482 khloe elizabeth blackwolf

Month 1.

I landed in Alaska, at about 9 in the morning. I had my suitcase packed with winter clothes, and my new gun, along with my old one was in my case. Hotch had given me a FBI windbreaker, along with an FBI vest that I was supposed to where at all times as I was here with the two other FBI agents, one of them being Azalea Ivankov, the girl Derek seemed to have a problem with.

I walked into the hotel room, which was hard to get into because of the snow and I set my bags down. I ran to the bathroom to do my business and when I got out, I took my meds to keep me up. I was jet-lagged and it was bad enough as it is, it would be embarrassing if I fell asleep talking to the families.

I missed the team, but I knew they were doing just fine, without a crime scene investigator there. A knock on the door interrupted me from my thought and when I looked through the peephole I saw Agent Maxsten McKinley, the other FBI agent on the case.

I opened the door and he gave me a smile. "You ready?" He asked and I felt my eyes widen. I forgot that we were going to speak with Adahy Blackwolf. I rushed quickly to through on my snow pants and my windbreaker over my sweater, and long-sleeve. My original gun was in it's holster while the second one was in my ankle. Like how Hotch explained where it could be hidden by the clothes I wore.

I left my hair down, so it could keep the back of my neck warm. I walked down to the lobby of the cabin like hotel and saw Azalea there, waiting for us. Her red hair was straightened and she had her arms crossed.

"So where to first?" I asked as the three of us began walking to the car and Maxsten turned towards me. "You really haven't had much experience with this have you?" He asked and I shook my head laughing. He opened the door for me and I sat in shotgun, while Maxsten drives and Azalea sat in the back.

"I normally stay back. Deal with the fingerprinting, DNA samples, rape kits, things like that." I said and he nodded. "We'll be going to talk to Blackwolf, about his daughter, then we'll talk to the man who found the body." Azalea said and I nodded, and pulled out the file looking down at it. At the top left it read: Case # 1482 Khloe Elizabeth Blackwolf

"Let's brief it one more time." Maxsten said and I nodded, trying to adjust my itchy bulletproof vest, which was hidden under my windbreaker.

"Khloe Blackwolf, age 19, was found dead on January 2nd, says here that Khloe was raped. Her body was found barefoot, without proper winter attire, miles from any building, and her genitals were bloody. It says here, that Adahy said that his daughter was dating a new girlfriend, but he does not know the woman's name or where she lives. The autopsy shows blunt trauma and sexual violence and confirms that Khloe died from exposure. She suffered caused by rapid inhalation of sub-zero air. However, ME is unable to confirm the death as a homicide." I said rolling my eyes at the last part. 

I looked at Maxsten and spoke. "About a month and half ago, Blackwolf reached out to me. I got the DNA and ran it through again to see if I could find out if it matched with anyone but it didn't. We had Penelope Garcia run it through as well and we got nothing." I said and Azalea sighed. 

"Poor girl." She said and I nodded. I pulled out the pictures of the crime scene and looked at the body which were covered in frostbite.

We stopped at what I was assuming was Blackwolf's house and I got the SUV and walked up to the front door. I pulled out my ice cold hands and knocked. After three knocks, the door opened and a man, with long black hair looked at me. "I'm SSA Hadley LaMontagne, this is SSA Azalea Ivankov and Maxsten McKinley." I said introducing us all and he stuck out his hand to shake ours. "Yes, come in. My wife and I have been waiting for you." Adahy said inviting us in. I smiled and went in along with Maxsten and Azalea. A man stood up from the couch wearing a white suit in head to toe, and a girl who was about a couple inches taller than me stood up. "Agent LaMontagne, this is Liam Olsen and his sister Leah. They found my daughter's body." He said his voice breaking and I nodded understanding. I looked over at Maxsten for the next thing and he nodded. "Mr. and Ms. Olsen, is it okay if I ask you a few questions about the crime scene?" He asked walking them over to  the side.

"Mr. Blackwolf, we'd like to ask you some questions. Did you ever find out who Khloe's girlfriend was?" I asked and he nodded. "We found out a week after she died. Her name was Aubrey." He said and Azalea tilted her head.

"Was?" She asked and he nodded, looking down. "She killed herself 3 days after she found out." He said his lip quivering and I looked down sad. "How is your wife dealing?" Azalea asked and Blackwolf shook his head. 

"Not good. All she does is go to work or clean Khloe's room like she's still there." He said and I nodded, understanding. Azalea stood up and she went to the kitchen and called someone.

I stood there taking in the house, that had paintings of wolves and it had a pair of wooden snow shows in the corner.

"Do you have any kids?" Blackwolf's voice asked scaring me. I smiled and shook my head. "No, I don't." I said and he nodded sadly. Azalea walked back in and smiled.

"Thank you for your time. We will try to get back as soon as possible with you. It will be a while, since this is in fact a cold case." She said and he nodded calmly and understanding. In the back of my minds, something didn't sit right with the father, but I pushed it aside as a way of grieving.

We waited in the car for Maxsten and I turned to the back to Azalea. "Who was on the phone?" I asked and she continued to stare out the window. "A friend." Was all she said to me and I nodded. I watched as Maxste stepped around and into the SUV.

"What did you get?" Azalea asked and Maxsten sighed. "A lot. Liam and Leah are both Wildlife Service Agents. Liam was the one that discovered the body, Leah was the one that called the police. Liam and Leah know these woods like the back of their hands. " He said and I nodded. "If they inserted themselves into the investigation, they're most likely the UnSubs." Azalea stated and Maxsten shook his head. 

"I asked for their help and they both said no at first but I told them they would be giving closure to the Blackwolfs." He said and I sighed. "Maybe if it's possible, we can possibly do a background check on the Blackwolfs." I said, grimacing at how bad that sounded.

Maxsten looked at me confused. "I'll order one. Why?" He asked and I breathed out. "Something isn't sitting right with me about how the dad acted. I'll call Spencer and ask him about how people grieve." I said and went to dial his number.

"Dr.Spencer Reid." He said and I chuckled. "Hey, Spencer, I just came back from talking with the Blackwolf's. And the dad seemed surprisingly calm about this whole thing. Is that normal?" I asked and he gave me an 'mhm' sound. "For a mother dealing with the loss of a child, she is  likely to experience some of the more common symptoms of grief — she may go into shock or even deny that her daughter has died. Depression, anger, frustration and other painful emotions are normal and to be expected. There are many different forms of grief but acting normal is normally a mask people wear to hide the fact that they're actually breaking down on the inside."  He said and I nodded. "Okay, thanks." I said breathing out and he nodded. "You're welcome. Don't forget to call me later."  He said and my heart fluttered and I hung up. 

" It's normal. Let's just try and give this family closure." I said and we all nodded, agreeing to that.