twenty-five

twenty-five; inspecting dead bodies to watching people die

I sat on the jet next to Spencer and Jordan started passing out the files.  "This is Orange County, California. 10 days ago, Judy Hannity, a real estate worker and a mother, was shotgunned on the 91 Freeway." Jordan said as she handed me my file and she sat down. 

I pulled out the pictures from the wreckage of the car and I looked up at Jordan. "She survived this?"I asked and she sighed, sad. "Barley. She's paralyzed from the waist down. The second and third victims were D.O.A. There were different vehicles for each shooting. A small black SUV, a Black Sedan,A white Sedan. No makes and no plates." She stated looking down at her file.

"The victims described her shooter as a normal middle aged white guy in an SUV." Todd said and Hotch tilted his head. " She gave that description but couldn't remember anything else?" Hotch asked and Jordan nodded. "Isn't that consistent with trauma?" She asked and Emily shook her head. "Uh, actually, no. Trauma victims either remember everything or nothing." Emily said and Spencer spoke up to Emily.

"So the third victim was shot last week and we now just got a phone call?" Spencer asked and Emily nodded. "Until the third shooting the locals weren't convinced it was a serial killer. There were different cars, and after the first shooting there was a different weapon." Jordan said and Rossi stood up, throwing the picture on the table.

"It's the same weapon." He said and I raised an eyebrow. "The shot pattern on the second and third one, are much wider though." Spencer said and Rossi shook his head. "He sawed off the shotgun." He said and I tilted my head. "So he's evolving?" I asked and Rossi nodded. My phone went off and I shoved my hand in my pocket and turned it off. 

I opened my mouth to say something, but it rang again. I shut my mouth and I looked at everyone and I pulled out my phone and saw Brody's number on the screen. I raised the phone to my ear and Brody answered first.

"Did you pick up the new meds?" He asked reminding me and I threw my head back and groaned. Everyone turned towards me and I gave them a tight smile and gripped the arm of the sofa and stood up, walking to the back, without showing that I was in pain.

"No I completely forgot." I s aid my voice being soft and I could hear this man shake his head at me like he did countlessly, during physical therapy.

"You need them, Hadley." He said and I sighed. "I know. I know. Can you transfer it over to Orange County, California? I'm on a case right now." I said and he started typing away. "Okay, it's there. Take it easy LaMontagne." He said and hung up. I clicked off the phone and turned to leave but bumped into a chest. I looked up to see Spencer.

"Who was that?" He asked, walking to pour himself some coffee and I looked at his back. "Brody." I said and he grabbed another cup for me. I walked up to him and placed my hand on his back and grabbed the coffee, that he put 4 creamers and 2 sugars in for me, just how I liked it.