twenty-eight

twenty-eight; forensics and mortuary science

"What can I help you with?" Strauss said as I was sitting down my hands crossed. "If this whole Intern thing for Forensic Science here in the BAU is serious, can we try and have a floor dedicated to the sciences?" I asked and she tilted her head.

"Ms.LaMontagne, let me ask you a question." She said and I watched as she spoke. "When you were in school for forensic science, did you have your own floor?"She asked and I shook my head. "No but-" I said and she cut me off.

"So having another floor dedicated to Forensic Sciene would be foolish. You have your own machines in your office." She said and I clenched my fist, keeping my quiet. I nodded, and stood up. "Right." I said and walked out her office and into mine.

Leilani stood in the corner looking at one of my files she pulled out from the shelf. "This is amazing, LaMontagne. I can't believe you solved this case." She said and I looked at the title t and it read: The Silencer.

"Yeah, it was interesting." I said and walked over to my desk and pulled out a file and handed it to her. "What's this?" She asked and I crossed my arms. "A case, I solved a while ago. Read it, and tell me what's the first thing you notice about it." I said and she nodded, opening the file. Before we could talk about anything else, JJ walked opened the door. "Hey, we need you guys in the room." She said and I stood up and nodded my head in the direction of JJ, giving Leilani the sign to follow me. 

I walked into the room and had Leilani sit at the table, and I stood against the wall, with my arms crossed. "There's been a string of abductions in Olympia, Washington, going back 9 months. 4 women in all, blonde, blue eyed, early 20s. This morning they found one." JJ said and Hotch looked up at JJ,

"When were they taken?" Hotch asked and JJ looked back at the tv. "9 months ago." JJ said and Rossi looked over at JJ. "They looked almost mummified." He stated and Leilani spoke. 

"No exactly. The bodies were embalmed." She said and I walked over and hovered above her, looking at the ME reports. "Yeah, so time of death would be?" I asked looking at her and she looked up at the screen. "Difficult to know. Embalming is the science of preserving the body, it could have been days to weeks to months that these victims were dead." She stated and I nodded, looking at the screen.

"It says here that the victims were abducted about 3 months apart from each other. He;s rotating his victims out." Spencer said and Leilani looked at Hotch. "Do you guys ever use an agent as bait, who looks like the victims?" She asked and he shook his head.

"Not unless it's the last resort." He said and she nodded."Okay, wheel's up in 20." Hotch said and threw the file down to get up and leave. I walked next to him and began walking with him.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked and he walked into his office and sat down, he raised an eyebrow, skeptical. "What is it?" He asked and I leaned on his desk.